rolling stock management

Hello out there ,Ive been downloading rolling stock now for 3 years .My computor needs some space so does anyone Know of a programme to show all your stock so you could remove the one's you don't use any more to another file or hard drive as many rolling stock files in the game may have more than one file and I dont want to remove the wrong one's by mistake .many thanks George

Builtin rolling stock are buried in the Trainz.ja file for both TRS2004 and TRS2006 so you don't delete them. You can disable them, however.

Bob

do you know how to take out the cars that are built in so I can just have British vechicles
I am not sure what version of Trainz we are talking about here, but I am doing something very similar at the moment.

In TRS2004 and 2006 you can disable Built-In content. This does not remove it from the Hard Drive, it only means you do not see it.

As Bob says you can use TrainzObjectz for 2004 ONLY and that is what I am doing/using. From TrainzObjectz you can disable Built_in and for other content it can save you heaps of time removing content and all the required parts. There is also a way with TRS2006 and is very similar.

Before I go on with a reasonable explanation, let me know which version you are using and I will help out.

Craig
:):):)

yes its TRS 2004 (2370)
OK, you will need TrainzObjectz for this and I am taking a guess here that you have and are somewhat familar with it. If not let me know and I will help further.

First for Built-In content, go to the Rolling Stock selection and then click on the Built-In tab at the top. Then orgainse them in anyway you wish, by Region/Origin whatever. One of the columns is for "Disabled" and you can click on an item (this places a tick in there) and then this item will not show up in Trainz any more but as I said will still take up space on your Hard Drive. If you happen to download a session (for example) that requires this Rolling Stock then the Rolling Stock will again show. It just does not show in your Railyard. You can do this for any Built-In content.

If you want to save your Downloaded Custom content to another location (Drive/Disk) then in Rolling Stock (again :D ) list the items in the way you understand.

Highlight those you do not want, either in a group or each one. Then Copy them to an Archive file, call it what you want such as Rolling stock. I say "Copy" here as if you move it, it will move the file/item but it will leave an empty folder in TRS. Once you copy them to the Archive file you can then delete them from TRS , use the black X at the top.

Now to get all those bits and pieces and the only ones I know of are the R/S Parts, so click on that selection at the bottom. Then from the pop up menu (from the bottom Right Hand corner) select "Check for UnUsed R/S Parts (whatever). Eventually a list will come up and in the bottom right hand corner you will find a "tick", tick on this again and a small message comes up (off hand I can not remember what is says, no problems). Exit out of this screen by clicking OK. Then one of the selections near the bottom right hand corner is for "Selected Items Only", click on this. This will then give you a list of ALL unused Rolling Stock parts (and they should all be highlighted). Again Archive (copy) these to your Rolling Stock file as I mentioned before. This should now remove ALL your unwanted Rolling Stock and there required R/S Parts.

Now just to make sure nothing is missing that you need, from the pop up menu selection in the bottom right hand corner select "Check for Missing RS Parts". Depending on the amount of Custom items you have this may take a little time. If everything goes right there should be none, if there are some then you will need to find them. Maybe you never had them and maybe something went wrong with the above procedure, does not matter. What you have stored in the Archive file is still there.

If you have some parts still missing you can first look in your Archive Folder, you will find it here; C:/Program Files/Auran/TRS2004/Rolling Stock (whatever you named it)/World/Dispatcher/downloads. Otherwise check the download station or may be other sites you have downloaded from.

As a final check, run the "Check for Missing RS Parts" again until everything is correct.

Once everything is OK, you can remove your Archive file to another source (disk/hard Drive) by using the Cut & Paste method. Just move the file C:/Program Files/Auran/TRS2004/Rolling Stock (whatever name).

As you close TrainzObjectz it should ask you if you wish to delete the Dispatcher.chump file, jsut click OK and it will be rebuilt when you next start TRS2004.

Then that should be it.

Hope you understand all of this and if you have any problems, just email me or PM me and I will help out further.

Craig
:):):)

Thanks Craig for your reply

Yes this will solve my problem as when I load a portal I have to scroll thro hundreds of items when I only use ex LNER & BR steam this will cut the list down .many thanks across the sea George

Back