Road Vehicles - Speed?

stouthm

Get over it
Is there a way to adjust the speed of vehicles on the road? For example: faster on a major highway and then slowing down entering a town. Do the vehicles obey speed signs?

Is there a way to adjust the speed of vehicles on the road? For example: faster on a major highway and then slowing down entering a town. Do the vehicles obey speed signs?

The only way that I know of is to adjust the speed in the config of the highways. I made a lot of my highways with both medium and slow speeds. I have the faster highways out of towns and the slower highways in the towns.

Modify the roads you want to turn into highways or back streets and set the speed accordingly.

You need to add in this tag:

traffic-speed
(Only applicable to splines which have 'isroad' set.)

Defines the carz speed limit of the road in meters per second. Carz currently travel at up to 80%-110% (depending on the car) of the speed limit, except when overtaking. This tag does not relate to trains in any way.

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/KIND_Track

My recommendation is to find a road that works and take a look at the config.txt file you can either use that road, or find one you like, clone it and adjust accordingly.

Back