Road T-intersections

corvanel

I try to look at this forum every day. I am impressed how much you youngsters know about Trainz and what excellent things creators have put on the DLS.
I also notice that some people ask questions, the answer to which they could easily have found themselves with a little (brain)effort.
So here is my question: most road T-intersections, i.g. those by mgreen48, have 4 spline points. 3 to connect the intersecting roads but what about the other one.
Without anything connected there the thing does not work, cars disappear. I tried all kind of things with invisible roads but nothing worked.
Certainly someone can tell me how to use them.
I hope this question does not fall in the category mentioned above.
Thank you very much.
Cornelis

Most T junctions will only allow traffic to cross over it as does the X intersection, . They do not allow traffic to turn left or right. It is possible to use invisible roads to do that but trainz traffic will choose the left branch of any road set up created. It is possible to set up a junction that lets traffic change lanes by using boats road switcher from his Sen city assets, the odd car will vanish while on the switcher but at least it does allow the creation of more realistic junctions.

Thank you, Stagecoach, but this does not answer my question. Why are there 4 spline-points on most of these intersections while you can only connect 3 roads to it? What to do with the 4th spline, it is not there for decoration.
Cornelis

Thank you, Stagecoach, but this does not answer my question. Why are there 4 spline-points on most of these intersections while you can only connect 3 roads to it? What to do with the 4th spline, it is not there for decoration.
Cornelis

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need an even number of attachment points for a 'mocrossing' object?

Tom

,,,this does not answer my question. Why are there 4 spline-points on most of these intersections while you can only connect 3 roads to it? What to do with the 4th spline, it is not there for decoration.
Cornelis

The fourth vertex isn't an attachment point, it is the diverging vertex for the traffic turning from the 'side' road onto the 'main' road. Like any splines the invisible road needs a vertex to diverge from.....

Back