Rio Grande Southern WIP

bigbern

After much research, false starts and fooling around, I got the Ridgway to Peake (Dallas Divide) section of the DEM completed and layed the track. I thought I'd show ya'll what I got so far. Please let me know what you think, I'll take any help you folks are willing to give, and I'll need it..lol.
Thanks
Bernie H

The Ridgway engine shop and yard with the unfinished town of Ridgway in the background.
002mha.jpg

A three engine freight backs through the yard to the wye
bigbern201001030005.jpg

After turning on the D&RGW Ouray Branch wye the freight is ready to start the 4% climb to Peake
bigbern201001030006.jpg

Passing over the Pleasant Valley Trestle
bigbern201001030003.jpg

Arriving at Peake where the helpers will cut off
bigbern201001030000.jpg

Klinger - I plan to some day reach Durango but to get all 160 miles I'll need a new computer. My plan right now is Telluride. Although right now I've given the tracklayers some time off as I try to learn Blender.

gary6204 - This a trs09 route

Thanks ya'll
Bernie H

it looks awsome! specially since its for 09'! :udrool::mop: its much better than what i can do! cant wait!

WOW! Awesome! You're doing it full scale :eek: Mine's only about 1/5 scale for length (~34 miles Ridgway to Durango).

Ridgway looks perfect, and the Pleasant Valley area looks great too. Keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing more. :)

Todd

Hi,

Just found this thread, wondered if the track crew had managed to do any more work on this. What was there looks good.

Bump - any update?

I'm currently getting into narrow gauge in a big way and this is one of the "grails" for running in a train sim.

It was bumped about a year ago and no answer came. The last post before that bump was a year before that. I agree, this would be a nice route to run, but it appears dead.

(Somebody prove me wrong, please!)

Sorry I didn't track back to the other bumps. Looks like it is dead stick then, one maybe to put on my own potential "to do" list.

Do we know if anyone has done a Durango to Silverton or other section of Colorado ng for Trainz?

Do we know if anyone has done a Durango to Silverton or other section of Colorado ng for Trainz?
Good question. I've been asking that for months now but to no definative answer. I guess time will tell. Have hope!

I'm quite amazed that in 10 years of Trainz it hasn't been done. There's a freeware Durango & Silverton and Colorado Southern I believe for MSTS and there's a scrumptious looking Durango and Silverton just been announced for Railworks.

So it would be nice to see Trainz represented at some juncture (my own ng project I'm working on from time to time is European based).

Sorry I didn't track back to the other bumps. Looks like it is dead stick then, one maybe to put on my own potential "to do" list.

Do a search for Betsy662. I know she was working on the Durango route a long time ago, but don't know if she ever finished it.

I am working on the Durango and Silverton. Currently I have the track laid and have about 2/3 of it set to preliminary elevations. I built most of the Durango yard area, and am working my way to Silverton. I have been using Google Earth quite a bit to help me out on this. Once I set the preliminary elevations, I will go back and begin to fine tune everything, and add bridges and crossings. Who has the bridges for this route?

Chris

I am working on the Durango and Silverton. Currently I have the track laid and have about 2/3 of it set to preliminary elevations. I built most of the Durango yard area, and am working my way to Silverton. I have been using Google Earth quite a bit to help me out on this. Once I set the preliminary elevations, I will go back and begin to fine tune everything, and add bridges and crossings. Who has the bridges for this route?

Chris
Well, Bendorsey has the Tacoma Bridge(High Bridge) and you could easly find other small things like trestles and such for it. By chance, are you using the DEM file fishlipsatwork made? It already has elevation and lines for roads, track, water, ect.

Back