Reskinning Problems

uracco

Back to the studio!
Hi all,
I have tried to reskin the class 92 (for private use) by ELdavo. However when I commit it throws up this error message.
Error: Unable to load source texture 'hash-cc\copytempsrcaya2drmc108\class_92_body\92_main.convert-tex' in subst 'local'
Am using GIMP 2.8.

FF, it's hard to tell whether the OP found the solution to the problem or not. Although it may not be directly pertinent to your question to the OP, ~.tga files can be compressed using an algorhythm of "RLE compression", or they can be uncompressed. This selection is made when exporting an image file from the image processor, where there is usually an option in the dialog box when exporting, as to whether to compress the file. For trainz purposes the texture should be uncompressed. If the OP did not manage to solve the problem, and you consider attempting the solution yourself, it my be helpful to obtain the PEVsoft image2tga utility, making any changes needed, and re-exporting as a ~.tga, uncompressed.

ns

Hello guys, sorry for late reply Funnyfarm, I forgot I even started this thread. I am trying now, I will get back to you ASAP.

When you save a .tga file in gimp it will show up and ask things such as 'Flatten Image' and 'Compression.' When it asks you about compression, untick the RLE Compression box...

In later versions of GIMP, "flatten image" and tga compression are in different dialogs. "Flatten image" is in the layers dialog, "RLE Compression" is in the export as dialog, when the format is specified as "~.tga".

Back