Request for Pan American Rail, and Guilford Rail System

Downeaster207

A Mainer in the Midwest
Hello all! Im currently in the process of creating a rather large map set in the great state of Maine, with bits and parts of New Hampshire. A couple of fictional places added along the route but I intend to do as best as I can to replicate the line that is owned by Pan American Railways. Im fairly new to the Trainz community or really anything to do with trains all together. I've always loved watching trains but new little about them. Anyhow so do excuse me if my terminology is incorrect or if some of my future posts seem a bit noobish like this one may be. Now getting to business, like I state my map I'm creating is set in Maine, and I would love to feature engines such as Guilford Rail Systems, and Pan American Railways which are slowly starting to pop up now. But I find that the download station is lacking much any content in relation to that, or well that works with TANE. If anyone would be kind enough to spare a little time to make a decent enough engine that would be greatly appreciated! Also if anyone has any tips for making a map let me know. Im finding it hard to create a smooth incline.

Pan_am_railways_352_307.jpg
GRS_305.jpg

There are some older Guilford locomotives, which don't look too bad, and one rather awful looking Pan Am loco and boxcar, I'm sorry to say that, but it's a bad reskin of both. Jointed Rail did a nice model of a MEC/Guiford GP9 which is payware.

For your maps, you maybe interested in using TransDEM which will import actual DEM data from the NSGS along with either modern topographic maps, or even historic ones.

I too come from the same region, though a bit farther south in northern Mass. on the New Hampshire line.

John

Yeah I found a lot of the old Guilford stuff. But it all gets corrupted and I can't quite use it. Think the best Guilford engine I got I have never seen running around Southern Maine, and never up at Rigby yard. And yes I can agree the Pan Am loco and boxcar are an eye sore to say. Hm payware GP9. Well its what I'm looking for so I think its worth a look!

And thank you! I'm trying to be as realistic as I can get with this map. I come from the Saco Biddeford Area, it would be nice to replicate the branch line that runs off from the main line that comes down through the middle of town. Plus trying to accurately map the Saco river. Yeah that would be a chore. Thank you again!

Yeah I found a lot of the old Guilford stuff. But it all gets corrupted and I can't quite use it. Think the best Guilford engine I got I have never seen running around Southern Maine, and never up at Rigby yard. And yes I can agree the Pan Am loco and boxcar are an eye sore to say. Hm payware GP9. Well its what I'm looking for so I think its worth a look!

And thank you! I'm trying to be as realistic as I can get with this map. I come from the Saco Biddeford Area, it would be nice to replicate the branch line that runs off from the main line that comes down through the middle of town. Plus trying to accurately map the Saco river. Yeah that would be a chore. Thank you again!

Their GP9 can't be beat though for quality and it's pretty inexpensive.

Definitely look at TransDEM it's only $30.00 roughly and it can do what you want and a lot more.

The Saco Biddeford Area is pretty interesting. The old branchlines and former bits of the Eastern Railroad would make an interesting route to work on. I've been fiddling with a bit of the tracks that used to run up to Cape Neddick area.

My mom's family were early settlers in Berwick. They are the Berwick Sullivans which went on to become early statesmen, generals in the Revolutionary War, judges, senators, and governors.

John

Back