removed due to abuse received from zec

A lot depends on what you're producing and what you're delivering to produce it. I've only played with these assets enough to get the basics, but it seems like the heart of it is in the Processing (tab 3 I think?). Get the ratio rational :)hehe:) and the quantities follow. If you're cranking out bicycles you've got aluminium, steel and rubber in, bicycles out - don't forget the packing material. If it's animal feed, it's bulk feed and bagged feed out, peas, bean, oats, barley, wheat, pallets and bags in. Bicycles would involve small tonnages of raw material, animal feed middlin' to huge amounts.

In my most serious route I'm merely interested in the ability to deliver and pick up, so my quantities on hand are mid-range. The feed mill has a max of 500,000 T and about 300,000 on hand -- more than enough room for one train to either deliver or pick up.

If you're wanting to run on waybills, you need to fiddle the numbers so you're prompted when an industry is short of materiel and when its choked on output. So those are two approaches, maybe someone else has additional.

:B~)

Hi

When I was setting up an ethanol plant on the EVWR route I spent two or three hours researching the subject on the internet. I came up with the approx basics of 1 ton of corn will produce 160 gallons of ethanol, 700 lbs of brewers grain and a quantity of carbon dioxide. There didn't appear to be details of how much CO was produced. Presumably all of these figures can vary depending on the efficiency of individual plants but it was near enough for my needs.

I equated this to wagon loads and came up with 12 car loads of corn would produce 5 tank loads of ethanol which I rounded to a ratio of 2:1 for simplicity (I use some of JR's covered hoppers, cap 89811 units, and Dave Snows ethanol tank cars).

When setting up the industries I set them to units and then decide how many cars there will be in a consist and how often I want the consist to run. You can then work out how many units in a train load and divide that by the frequency in minutes which will give you the rate for the industry consumption per minute.

I don't worry too much about the math and am quite happy to round figures up or down as necessary as I only need a rough guide.

Incidentally, Dave Snows ethanol tank cars only have a capacity of 1 unit when downloaded from the DLS so I carried out some experiments and found that if you set the capacity to 76754 units it comes out at about the correct weight when fully loaded. I updated the barrier car to carry water and set the capacity to 64,000 units.

Further research into tank car loading rates gave me the figures for a 30,000 gallon tank car of 20 minutes using a 6" dia hose, 38 minutes with a 4" dia hose and 76 min with a 3" dia hose. Obviously loading times for tank cars in the game are much too low but I suppose it all helps to keep the game moving along at a decent pace.

I also found Youtube to be of help as there are lots of videos showing rail car loading and unloading being carried out for various types of loads. These can give you some idea of the loading/unloading times for different products.

I hope that this is of some help and I would imagine that the details of any industry would be available online if you have the time to research it.

Regards

Brian

Further research into tank car loading rates gave me the figures for a 30,000 gallon tank car of 20 minutes using a 6" dia hose, 38 minutes with a 4" dia hose and 76 min with a 3" dia hose. Obviously loading times for tank cars in the game are much too low but I suppose it all helps to keep the game moving along at a decent pace.
Regards

Brian

Thank you for all your research! The tank car rates are very helpful right now.

:B~)

Thank you Gents for the good info,

Just setup Sir Dave Snows Ethanol Plant in my new yard I made this week, one of things rolling around in my brain, was how the Aggregate amounts worked measurement wise, your formulas will make it so much easier, when I drop my Tankers by the new plant.

Back