Recommendations for a new Trainz

diesel9

Southern Serves the South
Hi guys it's been 2-3 years since I've last been here on the forums simply because I haven't had the specs for Trainz and college had me busy, but now I have a gaming rig slowly being built and should be up and running by this Friday. The only Trainz I've messed with to date is still TRS2006, I figure it's time to upgrade to atleast 2010 or 2012. From personal experience, would you guys recommend 2010 or 2012?

Here's my specs: I'm on a budget

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NGX159/saved/2rHm

BTW, has anyone made any Southern Railway style signal heads, gantry, and masts for Trainz yet?

Thanks

Last edited:
I would recommend 2012, its almost the same as 2010 but has a few more features like Doppler effect and its more compatible for users (my opinion), just be careful when it comes to patching.

Be extremely careful when patching. The patches will stall mid way but just let it go and it will install.

Hi diesel9.

~snip~ BTW, has anyone made any Southern Railway style signal heads, gantry, and masts for Trainz yet? ~snip~

There is/has been more than one Southern Railway around the globe.

Which country and which era are you interested in?

If you're lucky there may be a perfect series available. Otherwise someone can probably advise a best match.

Thanks William.

I thought that might be the case.

However, we do have some US members who have a love of British trains, so I thought I'd ask.

In Britain, we also had a Southern Railway, active in the old steam days (established in 1923). And a fine old set up it was too - and still is in Trainz™!

Cheers
Casper

Back