Reading & Northern SD40-2 and SD50 sound problem

Sorry guys if it was discused here, but what's wrong with sounds of RBMN SD40-2 (kuid2:45324:100207:1) and SD50 packed into "Reading and Northern" route in JR website? Sound stops for a second every five second and it's a little bit unpleasant.

I one more little question - which engines are used in this route? I found payware SD40-2 on RRMods website but I'm not sure if it's not the same one. Another two SD40-2s are on USLW site (#3050 and #3053 - kuid2:98966:102082:1), but there is missing kuid2:45324:50011:1 and error in "SD40-2 Shell", so I can't use this engine in editor.

I also found those engines on DLS - with kuid2:113556:1500021:2 (#3050) and kuid2:113556:150007:2 (#3053). Are those ones newer or what? I'm a little bit confused. I registered on USLW forum, but there I can wait for administrator's confirm.

The SD40-2 and SD50 packed there on our site were the test of the system where you could startup/shutdown items. These were tests and therefore may have this issue which is why it hasnt been rolled out to the rest of our lineup. Certain limitations with the software are what caused this issue your pointing out and its been known to us since when we put them up there. This may be revisited again once this new Trainz version with the new engine is on the scene, we will see.

The newest ones out there are ours which have that issue you noted above. If its too much, just switch out the engine sounds on them for the normal engine sound for that loco ( should be on our site). I really cannot comment on anyone elses offerings as I'm not familiar with them besides the USLW ones. Those are pretty aged by now and may not work as they havent been updated to TS12 specs if i remember correctly.

Another two SD40-2s are on USLW site (#3050 and #3053 - kuid2:98966:102082:1), but there is missing kuid2:45324:50011:1 and error in "SD40-2 Shell", so I can't use this engine in editor.

Older versions of the one included.

I also found those engines on DLS - with kuid2:113556:1500021:2 (#3050) and kuid2:113556:150007:2 (#3053).

probably still not worth it.

this is my favorite http://jointedrail.com/index.php/payware/regionals/emd-sd38-rbmn.html - some of the best engine sounds.

as for the sounds on the original 2, you can replace them with our regular engine sounds as mentioned in their configuration file, but be sure to remove the tag for custom sounds if you do.

Thanks for the tips. I found another SD40-2 engine (payware) on RRMods. Today was 50 % off so I bought it (sorry guys from JR) and use the engine sound from it (of course I could use whole engine but their cab is too "lighted" for me, a little bit weird if you are going in dusk, for example).

I don't understand how to choice "our regular engine sounds" in CMP. I think I have installed all deps from JR. I also tried to replace "EMD 16-645 diesel engine sound advanced" by "EMD 16-645 diesel engine sound", but it doesn't sound good. When I tried to use engine sound from another locomotive, I take engine spec from there too, although I'm not so skilled and don't know what's the relationship between them. If I can change only sounds and not change specs...

Erm, the advanced and the regular sounds are the exact same, save the fact that one of them isn't startup compatible... Don't bother changing the engine specs, it just changes how the loco handles/drives. Sounds are the only thing you need to worry about. If you aren't a big fan of JR's 645 sounds, Berez has some excellent ones on the DLS that'll work. If you need me to take you step by step through the replacement I can.

I don't understand how to choice "our regular engine sounds" in CMP. I think I have installed all deps from JR. I also tried to replace "EMD 16-645 diesel engine sound advanced" by "EMD 16-645 diesel engine sound", but it doesn't sound good.

they are the same sound... you need to remove the custom sound tag like i said above otherwise its going to be playing stuff it shouldn't.

they are the same sound... you need to remove the custom sound tag like i said above otherwise its going to be playing stuff it shouldn't.

Do you mean I have to delete all this:

{
custom_sounds "1"
fuel_rate_idle "8"
fuel_rate_max "168"
sand_rate "10"
}

or just like this row only:

custom_sounds "1"

Erm, the advanced and the regular sounds are the exact same, save the fact that one of them isn't startup compatible... Don't bother changing the engine specs, it just changes how the loco handles/drives. Sounds are the only thing you need to worry about. If you aren't a big fan of JR's 645 sounds, Berez has some excellent ones on the DLS that'll work. If you need me to take you step by step through the replacement I can.

Can be more specific? I tried author "Berez" on DLS, but didn't find anything... Sorry :)

Back