Purchase PE via Steam enjoys same benefit (buy one get both) as via Trainz online store?

desmondli91243

Hi all
Sorry for the stupid question as I am new to Trainz (tried to play before with a monthly pass purchased via Steam)
Recently I saw that there is the release of TRS22PE and on the Trainz online store it says there is the 'buy one get both' benefit (buy TRS22PE and get Trainz Plus standard free for 1 year)
Is it true that if I purchase the TRS22PE bundle via Steam, I can also get this 'buy one get both' benefit?
Thank you

Unless it says so on Steam, the answer is likely no. N3V often offers deals and sales directly to customer that are not always offered through Steam. Maybe someone from N3V will see this thread and give a definite answer.

Unless it says so on Steam, the answer is likely no. N3V often offers deals and sales directly to customer that are not always offered through Steam. Maybe someone from N3V will see this thread and give a definite answer.
Thank you for your reply
If that is the case, then that means it will need double the price to get both TRS22PE and 1-year Trainz Plus standard on Steam than directly on Trainz store
So one more question I would like to ask is that if I decide to buy on Trainz store, when I download the game, do I have to put it in a new location or can I actually put it in the Steam library directory with all my other Steam games?

All the versions of Trainz sold by N3V through the Trainz Store are standalone installs in their own directory under Program Files.

I took a look at the listings on Steam and I can see why you are confused. I especially like that they are selling TRS22 PE as DLC for TRS22. Remember, Steam takes 30% of all sales so it maybe that N3V doesn't want to lose that money on top of the deal. Who knows?

Before you purchase, I would use the Support link at the top of this page to ask them directly about the special offer. They seem to have gone walkabout from the forum at the moment. Maybe they are enjoying the Spring weather in Brisbane. You have till the end of the month to decide.

Back