PRR Screenshots

As I gave PRRE6 a preliminary release date of June 1st ...

I am signaling my route ... when I drive in Driver mode, and Cab mode, as well as in AI "Drive" & "Drive To", "Drive Via", all the signals and junctions work.

However in AI "Drive" the trains are doing 6-10 mph with all clear signals up ahead.

And In AI "Drive Via" some of the train scheduals need "change direction", (as they are running in a backwards direction), and sometimes all the signals show clear, but schtoopid AI drivers are just sitting there, waiting for track clearance.

Even the 687 mph A23 Jet Sled is crawling at 10 mph !

I have tried 160 Kmh speedboards, and CSX 60 Mph speedboards, but still AI drivers are running like molassas on a cold winters day !

Should I release the route with these AI-Drive To/Via, and AI-"Drive" problems, where train speeds are practicly near nill, and AI Drivers are not doing as told ? ? ?

I know AI stands for "Artificial Idiots". :hehe: http://s525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/?action=view&current=LampPostLinda.mp4

Who out there uses AI "Drive" & "Drive To/Via"... and who just uses Driver & Cab mode, and skips AI completely ? ? ?

Last edited:
I had that problem with AI trains before. I went into CCP and modified the Max Speed container to 100mph and they all followed the speed limits.

Fred

The miles of yard tracks will be MP Wood v2 by Philskene

Screen_003-13.jpg

Screen_001-19.jpg

Screen_002-20.jpg

I am sorry for not posting for some time, however, a mess up on my route has forced a restart and not ready for shots yet, I will merge Altoona on to the new one after boards are deleted. Cascade I was wondering if you were still sending me the pre release.

Coming soon to my site, (way overdue but I had some personal issues) WAB1189's PRR Sd9's Look for them later today.

Josh

I know quite a few people want the Horseshoe Curve, and my delays have been an awful tease.

I am making much progress, and today I built the Altoona Westbound Classification Hump Yard, and without retarders (just applying slight opposing gradients) I have gotten "humped" rolling traincars to coast, slow down, and eventually stop, without run thoughts at the other end of the yard.

The Eastbound Classification Hump Yard is still a week away from completion.

The Alto Tower, Altoona Station, Slope Yard are practically ready to go, and I am applying trackmarks and direction markers so that AI trains take the proper paths.

The East Slope is very well completed, and I know most railfans just want to run that portion.

Some of the West Slope is still a rollercoaster, and I am still applying fine tuning to the gradients.

If anyone, absolutely can not wait for another week ... PM me, and I will post the link to the "unfinished route".

Much like Beethoven's unfinished symphony, if you wait till I iron out the last remaining details, you will be more pleased.

Who wants the route right now ? ... and who is willing to wait a week ?

This WIP is very complex ... and ongoing modifications will be made constantly.

Anyone who gets the route right now, will not even recognise the previous route ... when the next weeks improvements will be a huge improvement.

Last edited:
Man ... This is a difficult Route

East End-Westbound Recieving Yard (ANTIS)
Screen_002-21.jpg

West End-Westbound Recieving Yard (HOMER)
Screen_001-20.jpg

East End-Westbound Classification Yard (HOMER)
Screen_003-14.jpg

West End-Westbound Classification Yard (ROSE)
Screen_004-12.jpg

Preferance Yard Lead (WORKS)
Screen_005-9.jpg

West End Preferance Yard (WORKS)
Screen_006-9.jpg

Altoona Freight Station area
Screen_007-10.jpg

Screen_008-6.jpg

Altoona Station area
Screen_009-5.jpg

Alto Interlocking
Screen_010-2.jpg

There used to be a Station up by the Rt 22 underpass. It had an underground concourse for pedestrian passengers.

The "Wye" had 6 tracks (3 on each leg).

There was a multi track yard that paralleled the 4 track main.

The "Lower Yard" went from "MO", up and over the main on the "Flyover, where it joined the Upper Yard" that went to NantyGlo.

The "O" track split from the main just past the "Cresson Flyover bridge", and it ran in back of "MO" Tower, all the way past the Cresson "Lower Yard", and rejoined the main at "AR" Tower. The "O" track was where EB freights would stack up, behind one another, waiting their turn for permission to go down "The Slide" through the Portage Tunnel.

BTW the old Gallitzin Tunnel is being cinderblocked shut to keet exploring persons out, as there are loose and huge granite blocks falling inside the bore.

100_3879.jpg

100_3881.jpg

100_3880.jpg

I am very hardly workin' on all these details ... I know I promsed the release on June 1st, and June 20th ... I am almost ready to give it all away in the next few days.

The Westbound Classification Hump Yard is in place, and I am ironing out all the gradients on the West Slope (Cresson to Johnstown), and the Eastbound Classification Hump Yard, and Preferance Yerd are in the works tonight and tomorrow.

If everyone with 09/10/12 would please advise me if all these assets on my TRS2006 route, work, and are downloadable, in higher Trainz versions.

--> http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showpost.php?p=817248&postcount=18

Especially:
MP Wood v2
MP Rusty,
MP Tunneltrack Dark
Concrete_bank_spline
Low switch stand l
Low switch stand r
Turnout Frog Left
Turnout Frog Right
Invisible Track bnsf50
PRR Dwarf Signal
PRR PLS01 Style B
PRR PLS01 Style B Gantry
PRR Signal Bridge
PRR Signal Cabin
Tunnel PRR Portal CC 1 Track
Tunnel PRR 2 Track Stone
Platform Narrow Square
PRR Depot Type B-2
PRR Depot Type B-4
CSX_speedboard_15
CSX_speedboard_20
CSX_speedboard_25
CSX_speedboard_35
CSX_speedboard_50
Connecting Rod Corners
Connecting Rod Double
Sign12BRLM
Sign8BRLM

RTS-Romanian Trainz Studio:
RTS Track 24,<kuid:59940:20614>
RTS Track 26,<kuid:59940:20616>

Last edited:
I know it takes a while, but is anyone able to make me quite a few dem maps for the PRR.

Duqesne---Johnstown Altoona----Mt Union Mt. Union------Enola(Harrisburg)

Thanks in advance

Josh

I know it takes a while, but is anyone able to make me quite a few dem maps for the PRR.

Duqesne---Johnstown Altoona----Mt Union Mt. Union------Enola(Harrisburg)

Thanks in advance

Josh
There are 2 Altoona DEM's -Johnstown
There are 2 EBT DEM's - Mt Union
There is an Enola route, but it is twice too long, and twice too wide.
Dermmy's site has a mislabeled DEM Haggerstown, which is in fact truely Harrisburg-Enola

I have toyed with the Haggerstown route (Harrisburg-Enola-Rockville).
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showpost.php?p=417718&postcount=16

Last edited:
I have finally figured out the science, and math, to geometricly laying perfectly straight yard ladders ... zooming right along now. :cool:

I could help tutor anyone with laying turnouts and ladders.

I use to be absolutely horrible with yard ladders !

Last edited:
What is the largest sign in Trainz. that you can type a long paragraph sentence on, or a couple sentences ?

One that will show up un the end user downloaded route.

I know there are some real long signs that can display a very short worded sentence.

Last edited:
News Flash ... My GF is going to fly (by aeroplane) to Tracey CA.

Three women in a car, are going to drive EAST, like Thelma & Louise (Cross Country) via I-80 ... BORING !

I told them to rent a car, and go via Tehachapi, Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon Rwy, the Durango & Silverton RR, the Cumbres & Toltec RR, to Denver ... then take a train from Denver to Chicago and NY ... then rent another car in NY.

Instead they are driving I-80 Tracy CA to Phila ... and a several weeks later the lone person will drive I-80 from Phila to Tracy CA.

I'm sure glad I'm not going along on this trip ... I-80 sounds BORING !

The more people I meet ... the more I like dogs !

I'm staying home and watching the dogs.

Last edited:
I finally got the West Slope gradients pretty much ironed out ... no steeper gradients than 1% in most places.

It shouldn't be long now.

This route really has been a tedious chore !

I still need advice on what tracks people can not aquire ... and what tracks types you would prefer I switch them out with, in Trainzmap.

MP Wood v2
MP Tunneltrack Dark
MP Rusty
RTS Tracks

How do these above tracks display in 09/10/12 ?

And if I alter the Trainzbuild from 06, to be 04 ... will 04 users be able to run it ?

Last edited:
Back