PRR Duplexes

railman15

Does anyone know of any Pennsylvania Duplexes other than the 6-4-4-6 S1 in the DLS? If so, can you give me the link?

Railman15

It sure would be nice if there were a T1, Q1, & Q2. The Q1 could have 2 versions: streamlined or non-streamlined, since that is how they were made.

Try Paulz Trainz, they may have some of what you want. Many of my US locos have been made with PRR as a RR name

As much as I despise every part of the PRR but the Schuylkill Valley Branch, I have to say that I would love a Q-1, Q-2, or a T-1, even if the Baldwin built T-1s were pieces of junk. (see below) I would also love to have the S-2 turbine.

BTW, K4s are VERY relevant to the duplex topic. Due to the fact that the T-1(with the exception of the two built by PRR, and not Baldwin) had a horrible time keeping steam pressure at lower speeds when it was pulling out, it was quite common for the Pensy to use a K4 to shove the entire train up to speed when leaving the station. Same with the S-2. As soon as they went to pull out the boiler pressure would drop.

Duplex's were so cool looking !

Alot of duplex's, and PRR stuff, was terrible to repair ... the centipedes had multiple mechanical problems ...the one steam loco was so long, that it derailed just about on every switch, and it was scraped with less than 100 miles under her belt. But just because the PRR had some locos that were total mechanical nightmares ... the were still very cool looking locos, and would be a joy to see in Trainz.

Shame I'm not younger ... or I would take the time to learn G-Max & Blender ... but I'll leave that to all you young genius's out here that have the next 60+ years to develope your content creation skills.

Last edited:
Y'all should know, cause the S-1 duplex will appear in Nick the Steam Engine someday named Duplex. On the Silverlake & Berrybush railroad, he IS definetly the BIGGEST engine on the railroad, outlengthing Big Rob the big boy, Cabey the cab forward & even Allison the allegheny combined!:D :p :hehe: :udrool:

If there are none (T1s,Q1s,or Q2s) is anyone willing to make them?

Probably not, most people don't take freeware requests. There will probably someone who will make them some day though. I have plans to work on one if I ever learn how to use Blender.

Back