PRR Chautauqua Branch WIP

I just finished converting this 8mm film of the real PRR Chautauqua Branch in action during the 1940's & 50's. So, I thought I'd post it here so everyone can get an idea of what & why I'm modeling this particular route. Also this will be the first time this great film has been seen by the general public. BTW: Sorry there is no sound. :cool: Enjoy...

[video=youtube;rTQI0Zg3jPQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rTQI0Zg3jPQ[/video]

ray thats AWESOME! thanks. good to see our area in that time period
Yeah,.. I've been telling you about it for what now?... Like a year? :eek: I figured bout time to get er done. There's approx. an another hour and a half more video of rail lines all around the country that Mr. Stevenson shot. (I have a little something for you too, like a cab ride from Pittsburgh to Altoona in the 1950. Its a must see! I'm working on part2 of the Chautauqua as I write.

Is it christmas yet over there?
:p

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

hehe,.. I know it was when I acquired these films! :D I figured you might especially like this film. My pleasure to share it with people that appreciate old school railroading. :)

More good stuff on this one...
Part 2

[video=youtube;7GceqHVUIM0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7GceqHVUIM0[/video]

Some cool new stuff on the route. -

On a hot & humid afternoon, A PRR M.O.W. crew replaces a plow/flanger lift sign that was knocked down last winter ironically by a plow.
Screen_2651.jpg

A siganal maitainer is about to open the signal cabinet door and jumper the XR relay due to a false activation. He will then spend the next hour checking joint bars for broken bond wires.
Screen_2653.jpg

High detail PRR whistle post...
Screen_2654.jpg

An awesome PRR County marker..
Screen_2656.jpg

Thanks for sharing some beautiful footage from the golden age of steam and diesels OCTLS-2 fantastic videos i cannot wait for this route now!!!!

Thanks for sharing some beautiful footage from the golden age of steam and diesels OCTLS-2 fantastic videos i cannot wait for this route now!!!!
Glad you likeed the film and the route. :) It has been a true life long passion for me to build this route, "as it was" I'm hoping to at the least get a Demo version out within the next month or so.

Outstanding. :)
Thanks! Some of the view on these films remind me of you route's more than my own. :hehe:

Well, After a year of building.... My Chautauqua Branch route has finally reached it's end destination at Corry Pa. Track work is 99.9 percent complete with 60 miles of main line running track. I figured Corry is the best place to end my route as the Chautauqua Branch crossed over the Erie RR main line and has a connection in the yards there. The Chautauqua also connects and crosses over the PRR Erie-Renovo Branch to go north to Buffalo. Also the Erie RR main line crosses at grade over the PRR Erie branch at "MS" (Maple Street). This is/was the real world location of the model gfisher created.

Some new screenies....
asmile.gif

Screen_2661.jpg

Screen_2663.jpg

Screen_2667.jpg

Screen_2675.jpg

Screen_2676.jpg

Screen_2678.jpg

Screen_2680.jpg

Screen_2681.jpg

Screen_2688.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my, this is so goood!
Dont forget to add the clickety-clack trigger on those diamonds.
Although I´m sure you have them in place already.
Outstanding work again, good sir!

Oh my, this is so goood!
Dont forget to add the clickety-clack trigger on those diamonds.
Although I´m sure you have them in place already.
Outstanding work again, good sir!

Thanks for the good cheers and yep I added the diamond triggers. :) (I'm obsessed with adding real world sound effects everywhere)

While I'm thinking of it.. You're one of the masters of atmophere,... What's your opinion of the different skies I've used? I've tried numerous ones on this route, and gfisher's and zorrownov's are some of my favorites but, they are a tad low in resolution for the level I'm trying to build this route at. I also like the higher res one I'm currently using, but seem tad to "happy" and bright. I dunno though,.. I may just go back to une of gfishers skies before I release. Any thoughts/opinions good sir?

Also, I'll be needing another good quality beta tester when the time comes. You game? :)

Wow, you honor me!
Sure I´d do beta for you.

About skies.... Hm, not the expert on that subject.
I´d say it depends on which atmosphere you are trying to transfer.
Freds and Georges skies are a pretty good choice, FMA made also some pretty fine skies.
Again, I´m not the expert about that, there might be awesome skies in game of which I dont know.
:)

Wow, you honor me!
Sure I´d do beta for you.
:cool: Cool... I'll you to the list. Thanks!.

About skies.... Hm, not the expert on that subject.
I´d say it depends on which atmosphere you are trying to transfer.
Freds and Georges skies are a pretty good choice, FMA made also some pretty fine skies.
Again, I´m not the expert about that, there might be awesome skies in game of which I dont know.
:)
Ok, thanks. I'll have look around the dls and see what's new as I haven't checked for new skies in a long while. You're right though,.. I guess the atmosphere I'm trying to convey is slightly sunny, yet a little over cast and hazy (Typical lake Erie weather during summer).
Much thanks for the reply.

Awesome, routes are getting better and better !

Thank you you good sir. :) I agree that there are a lot of fantastic routes being built these days. (I'm just trying to barely keep up these days)

hey, ray, nice work on Corry, I didn't even need to read your description to know where the shots where taken, was just there a couple weeks ago.
keep up the great work my friend, looking forward to hearing from you.

I am really looking forward to this one.
Thanks. (I'm also looking forward to it's completion.) :)

hey, ray, nice work on Corry, I didn't even need to read your description to know where the shots where taken, was just there a couple weeks ago.
keep up the great work my friend, looking forward to hearing from you.

Cool. Only one place looks like Corry that's for sure. Ahh, my old stomping grounds in younger days... When you were there (Corry) did you get a chance to look around the old Chautauqua branch grade or EY (EYE) tower just to the west of Mead Ave? It's hard not to go there and not picture in your mind PRR I1's pulling heavy ore drags and Erie RR trains blasting through town every few minutes. :D Thanks for the comment bud.

Back