ProtoLars Industrail help please?

dstelley

Seem like it'd be an easy thing to set up a container facility. My goal is to roll cars up onto the Industrail, set the brakes, leave them parked there, come back later to pick them up full.

doesnt seem to work.

my settings are...
ProtoLARS Industrail

process time: 1
Start delay: 1
Load Method: Load All Cars
Load Interval: 1

produce 40ft container
size 256 rate 256 initial 256

Load/Unload
load amount 256

OK so the station should be set to load cars.
when I run the game I do see when i select the station that there are containers to be loaded.

Maybe its the cars?
I've tried different ones but the ones I use most are the TTX Econo (Well cars?)
These work great when I do a car by car load.

I've tried searching using keywords LARS and flatbed, but maybe I need a specific type of car for this to work?
I'me sure many of you have this working... Whats the trick?

BTW It doesn't seem to matter if I start with the train placed, if I roll in and stay connected, if I roll in, disconnect and leave.

I know the cars have to be centered on the Industrail (they are), and have to be stationary. (brakes set, they are)

help?

I have gone through that and even run the tutorial routes and sessions.
I can make it work with grain, general goods, several types of commodoties, but somehow the containers always seem to not work. :-(

Phil, I know your the genious behind this and hats off to you! I do have a couple questions if I may?
In the start interval, this defines the number of seconds the train must be completely stopped before the industry kicks in?
In the load amount, this defines how many of the items may be loaded per train?
Is it possible to prestage cars on an industry for the start of the game without a loco attached and have them load on the desired interval?

ProtoLars

I'm not at the PC with this loaded so I am unsure, but is it neccessary to configure the industry in the sessions layer vs route layer?

How much a requirement is that?

No straddling, plenty of distance to a turnout.

Is there a guide to what rolling stock is LARS capable? If I check the TTX Econo, it's certainly capable of 20 & 40ft containers... but maybe its not LARS capable? Is there such a thing?

It seems like you are setting then up ok,and the Econo cars are the ones i use. What ProtoLars IND are you using? I have about 250 protoLars INDs on my route all works fine. Some Of mine or set to load one car at a time @ 10 sec. Lumber rate 256 Initial 256 load 1 this load 1 lumber on a car every 10 sec..It takes 20 sec.to load a car.
Do you have TeamSpeak? It a free Chat/Talk program that most Multiplayers use.
If you have it contact me on 24.34.133.237 & i'll walk you thru it.

Works just fine for me

Both the ProtoLARS and the TTX wells work just as intended for me in a test session I've just set up. You might like to try it - see Post #5 here:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...yOne-a-fun-route-begins&p=1062435#post1062435

To see how I've configured the two ProtoLARS industries, go into Edit Session, click on the "Objects" flyout, click on the "?", then click on the ProtoLARS industry.

Tell me if this helps. And if you find the session fun - it's meant to be.

Phil

Anyone know where there's a manual to describe what the variables do? That tute tells you all about how to set things to do this and that, but it never really DEFINES what the variables (INITIAL, CONSUMES, RATE, etc.) are.

I replaced the ProtoLars Industrail with PL Intermodal and am getting closer...
I configured the industry and as a test put a number of TTX Econo's properly placed on it and started it up.

They did not load.
I Then placed a locomotive on front of the cars (same placement) and started it up.
This time they did load.

To double check my work I removed the locomotive and again they did not load.

I can only assume that to get the cars to load on there own they need to be placed during run time, or when a fully manned train is there on startup?

Is this correct?

With the industry assets make sure you have products already in the queue for loading. If the product = 0 then there is nothing to load.

Nope. I re-verified that there was product configured.
With rolling stock sitting on the industries at the start of the game, they would not load. If, however I let out the brakes and pulled forward a half an inch. (On throttle, off throttle, set application brakes, as fast as you read this). That did the trick and a minute later they would start loading as they were set to do.
I can only assume that is by design. The trigger seems to be the cars stopping completely over the industry. If the rolling stock is in place at game start, they did not set the trigger.

Hi dstelley --

"I can only assume that to get the cars to load on there own they need to be placed during run time, or when a fully manned train is there on startup?"

I think that they have to be actually driven there and spotted in the correct location. I also seem to recollect that ProtoLARS does not work with an AI train (I've never tired - perhaps someone could confirm?).

Did you try that session?

Phil

Hi dstelley --

"I can only assume that to get the cars to load on there own they need to be placed during run time, or when a fully manned train is there on startup?"

I think that they have to be actually driven there and spotted in the correct location. I also seem to recollect that ProtoLARS does not work with an AI train (I've never tired - perhaps someone could confirm?).

Did you try that session?

Phil

Confirmed, ProtoLars will not load/unload in T12 if any driver command is given. If you issue a command as in "drive to a track mark" beyond the Protolars track the car will not load/unload. The car will load/unload only after you manually move the car/consist a few feet fwd or aft of the load track.

John

Back