Processor quesiton

CASOSub

I am not overly technically minded about processors, so I wonder if my present processor is sufficient for running T:ANE? AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 960T Processor, 3000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s). I have this processor overclocked to 3.4 Ghz. Also I have a Gforce GT640, I probably need to upgrade that, since there is a lot of lag when I try to use shadows, even at low resolution.

Really, no opinions? I was thinking of upgrading my graphics card, at least, to a Nvidia GTX 960, in the hopes that it might run T:ANE smoother. Is that a good alternative to a building a new machine?

Should be OK with the processor might get more opinions in the hardware thread in the T:ANE forum.

If you could, GTX 970 would be great. I'd suggest you try GPU upgrade first, see how it goes. Besides, you can always use the new GPU in a system upgrade if you needed the CPU or more RAM updated.

Paul

Don't get a 960; If you aren't going with an Intel i3, AMD FX processor, or better, stay far away from GTX or AMD GPU's that cost more than $180. Scaling a recommendation down to prevent otherwise-preventable bottlenecking, go with an R7 265 or an R9 270. Anything better will give you a broken bottle to the neck! :hehe:

But if if you plan to upgrade the CPU in the near future, a 280 or 960, like you suggested, will be great for TANE.

Back