Problems with dowload helper

Bista

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did a search but can't find reference to the problem I'm having.

I am using Trainz Ultimate Collection and trying to down load some additional material (more to see how it works than anything else at the momemnt) the problem is it won't seem to connect.

I have visited the trainZ site and upgaded using content upgrade V1.3. Having struggled for a bit not realising I was on an old version of down load helper I have since been on the 2004 site and loaded the download helper upgrade from there.

The whole thing now fires up ok but once running it either sits around a few minutes withe "awaiting access to TRAINZ assett database in the porgress box or immeadiatly stops with "unable to contact download station" in the overall progress box.

Have contacted the AURAN helpdesk but recieved no response.

What am I doing wrong:confused: to be honest, it's probebly me at fault

Any suggestions anyone?

Bista
UK

Download helper

OOPS!
Helpdesk address gave impression it was UK based!

Didn't see the For anyone etc thread, told you I wasn't very good at this.

Will give it a try.

Thanks for assistance

Bista

Download Helper problems

Ahem!

I suspect this is me being a bit dense but have not been able to find a thread titled "For anyone who has brough UTC".

Searching this brings up the current list of recent post (Borat and aeroplanes etc) but nothing that refers to this problem.
Tried the archive, no joy there either.

TRAINZ site was running at glacial speed this weekend and thought that might be something to do with it. Alas no! Site now behaving normally, download helper still chooses not to play (yes, even tried offering to buy it a beer!)

The progress I'm NOT making at the moment, I suspect it may be easier to buy a real loco (12 inches to the foot that is) than down load one :( .

I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but don't have a tube of glue what it is!

Ian Hudson
Birmingham UK

I suspect this is me being a bit dense but have not been able to find a thread titled "For anyone who has brough UTC".

The progress I'm NOT making at the moment, I suspect it may be easier to buy a real loco (12 inches to the foot that is) than down load one :( .

Here's the post that dh2k3 wants you to read:

Robin Hoods in the other thread said:
Hi I am posting this info just in case the original thread is not recovered due to data base loss.
1 you will need to update from Build 327 - Retail) to Ultimate Trainz 1.5 (Build 404
http://files.auran.com/trainz/Servic...327_to_404.exe
2 you also need the Since April 04 the Download station has been updated so you will need the Trainz Content Dispatcher Update.
Click on the link below
http://files.auran.com/TRS2004/downl...DLS_update.zip

If you can't see the thread then you need to tell Helpdesk about that as well (unless you already have).

Also: http://www.hunsletengine.com/ - no prices online though ;)

In my previous post if you clicked on the underlined txt it'll take you to that thread. If you can't see it then contact helpdesk.

HTH

Dave

Ahem!

Searching this brings up the current list of recent post (Borat and aeroplanes etc) but nothing that refers to this problem.
Tried the archive, no joy there either.

TRAINZ site was running at glacial speed this weekend and thought that might be something to do with it. Alas no! Site now behaving normally, download helper still chooses not to play (yes, even tried offering to buy it a beer!)

I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but don't have a tube of glue what it is!

Ian Hudson
Birmingham UK

Want to buy a loco... It's rediculously easy... I know... I did it!!

difference is that my loco was already at the railway I work at. didn't have to worry much about moving it anywhere!

And TRS is much cheaper than buying the real thing...

regards

Harry

Download helper

Cheers Dave. Did try clicking that link but it just tells me I don't have authority to action it "can't edit another's post etc.

Thanks for re-post of things to check BidMod, I will go back and check I've done everything and try again.

At least I've made some progress 2nite by finally sussing what was causing errors when launching and sorting it out.

:eek: Arrgh Midnight AGAIN

Cheers

Ian H

Cheers Dave. Did try clicking that link but it just tells me I don't have authority to action it "can't edit another's post etc.

So that link isn't available to you? If so then contact helpdesk.

HTH

Dave

Problem with download helper no more

May I appologise for wasting you time people!

Turns out problem was biological, ie the cell based object on the keyboard!

Appears the installed software I have to update MS Windows has been making, to use an engineering term, a right old hash of it.

Having updated now by scanning from the "real" MS upgrade site everything now works perfectly!

As a friend of mine who purses the art of worm drowning would say "if your going fishing, check your tackle first"

May I say in passing to any of the site contributors who might pass this way, I am absolutly stunned at, well everything that has been uploaded here. Hope in future I may be able to contribute something useful myself.

Thanks for all the assistance, lesson learned. Check twice, ask once

Cheers for now :)

Ian Hudson
Birmingham UK

HI there
I'm glad you have managed to sort out the problem. Have you ever thought of upgrading to 2004 as this would be a far better program esspecially the amount of goodies on the DLS if you are modelling British outline. You can get this version quite cheaply now probably @ £10 from PC World in Brum, certainly saw it there a few months ago.
regards Graham

HI there
I'm glad you have managed to sort out the problem. Have you ever thought of upgrading to 2004 as this would be a far better program esspecially the amount of goodies on the DLS if you are modelling British outline. You can get this version quite cheaply now probably @ £10 from PC World in Brum, certainly saw it there a few months ago.
regards Graham

I think you'll find that Bista's problem turned out to be a Defective User.

The correctional solution is to remove the Defective User, slap them around a bit with a trout and then reinstall the Defective User with a couple of cups of coffee and some bacon rolls.

If he was going to upgrade from UTC to TRS, I'd recommend TRS06 bought from Auran through the shop. you don't need to have the CD in the drive then....

regards

Harry

Back