Problem with Trainz22 Platinum

fant_autentico

I bought Trainz 22 and I haven't worked with it because speedtrees have an annoying flash that goes out and on like lightning when moving along a route, when I get closer the nearest trees don't do that but the rest do.
All the so-called st_rmm xxxx do so, but in the so-called Tree xxxx only a few.
The performance was similar to that of my TRS2019 which does not give me any problems.
Anyway, I don't know if any other colleague has had this problem or it's just my "good luck" with Trainz.

I would appreciate any clarification on that.

Regards, Javier

No, it was a bug that has since been fixed in TRS22 PE SP4. Updating your graphics driver did mitigate the issue for some but not for all users.
Oh! Thank you very much for the information Wreeder :).

The build of my Trainz22PE is 123801 and I don't know if it corresponds to SP4.

A few days ago in another thread someone mentioned "too many what's ifs" and now it turns out that N3V sold me "an apple with a bug inside" (unless I'm mistaken).
I guess I'll have to wait a few years for everything to work properly...........Trust?, no thanks. 👹

TRS22 PE SP4 is build 126273. You are on SP3 which is the version that has the issue with the sparkling trees.

Windows tells me that all the drivers are up to date but I'll look on the Nvidia page.
Thanks for the tip.:)

Never rely on Windows telling you that your drivers are up to date, Windows update and automatic driver installation messes everything up to begin with, just because it downloads and installs it only overrides some files making it LOOK like it's up-to-date!

NVIDIA graphics card use GeoForce Experience, note you will need to make sure that you are visiting the correct NVIDIA website for your country
This is the US and Australia links

US
AUS

AMD graphics, visit https://www.amd.com/en/support/download/drivers.html

As for anything to do with Intel graphics or other Intel drivers use the Intel driver and support assistant

One last thing, make sure that you perform a clean installation incase Windows update corrupted a file and stop downloading driver updates from Windows update, as I have stated above it messes everything up.

Never rely on Windows telling you that your drivers are up to date, Windows update and automatic driver installation messes everything up to begin with, just because it downloads and installs it only overrides some files making it LOOK like it's up-to-date!

NVIDIA graphics card use GeoForce Experience, note you will need to make sure that you are visiting the correct NVIDIA website for your country
This is the US and Australia links

US
AUS

AMD graphics, visit https://www.amd.com/en/support/download/drivers.html

As for anything to do with Intel graphics or other Intel drivers use the Intel driver and support assistant

One last thing, make sure that you perform a clean installation incase Windows update corrupted a file and stop downloading driver updates from Windows update, as I have stated above it messes everything up.
Thank you very much for all this information, I will look for the update "by hand". :)

TRS22 PE SP4 is build 126273. You are on SP3 which is the version that has the issue with the sparkling trees.

Again thanks but my 2022 says no updates, SP4 doesn't show up.
I give up, I will not continue fighting, I will not use 2022 and as we say in Spain, "the dog is dead, the rabies is over".

Again thanks but my 2022 says no updates, SP4 doesn't show up.
I give up, I will not continue fighting, I will not use 2022 and as we say in Spain, "the dog is dead, the rabies is over".
To find the TRS22 PE build number, here's how you can find it

trs22pe-SPbuild126295.jpg

This build number is the Steam version of TRS22 PE (SP4)
I think the Trainz+ TRS22 PE is build 126273 its the one that was already mentioned by wreeder, this is the reason why you're a bit confused.

Judging by these data, the N3V version has the latest SP3 version only: https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki...rainz_Railroad_Simulator_2022_and_Trainz_Plus

Build 123801, Retail TRS22 SP3/TRS22 PE (Windows)

And unlike Steam the N3V user must update himself to SP4.

How to Update:

Trainz Plus' equivalent build number was 126280
N3V version of TRS22 PE SP4 is 126273
Steam's version to TRS22 SP4 is 126295
Same source code in all cases. The difference in build numbers comes from the fact that the source code was run through the compiler at different times and N3V uses the number assigned by the compiler as the build number.

I believe I was one of the first to file a bug report about the sparkling trees when they first appeared in a beta of Trainz Plus and therefore did troubleshooting with the QA team about the issue. To quote their response, the devs saw a new feature in the latest graphic drivers from Nvidia and implemented support for it. So the suggestion was to update the drivers to a recent version. For some users, this seem to solve the issue but often the sparkling trees would return in later beta builds. For other users such as myself using older cards, we could not update to the level of drivers that they were suggesting. When TRS22 PE SP3 was released the sparkling trees appeared in that TRS22 release and a much larger group of users were effected. A later beta of Trainz Plus saw the issue totally solved without the need of a driver update and it has remained gone in all recent releases of Trainz Plus. So it is safe to say that it was either a bug that was fixed or the devs removed the code that caused the issue in the first place.

To get the update in TRS22 PE SP3 you need to make sure your update stream is set to TRS22 and not any of the others choices.

More thanks, a screenshot of mine 2022

22diesel.jpg

I bought it from N3V and maybe it works on diesel and not steam.
Will my TRS22 be missing coal?

Sorry but if I don't laugh at myself I get angrier.
emoticones0102.gif
Ah Trainz Store version,

Navigate to https://www.auran.com/ click on the My Trainz link
Scroll download on the "Left" menu you should see "Product Downloads" I am assuming this is where you will need to download TRS22 PE updated installer, just having a fair guess..? Someone could correct me on where to find the updates

As for My digital downloads, this area has all your purchased DLS's from the Trainz Store only.

Back