Problem with john_sb's vanpcp reskin

PhilChorusch01

I have downloaded john_sb's vanpcp reskin <kuid:60318:15007> and it should have the 'West Coast Rail' livery but once placed on the track it appeared to have the Australian National 'AN' yellow livery as it the reskin is using the original model by Auran AN Guard Van <kuid:-25:4>

I did open the vanpcp and checked the texture which is not exactly the power of 2. 512x512 or 1024x1024 as the original texture from AN Guard Van.
Could anyone please fix this reskin? I wouldn't know how to, thank you or if John is still out there somewhere can you kindly fix it :) Cheers!

I have downloaded john_sb's vanpcp reskin <kuid:60318:15007> and it should have the 'West Coast Rail' livery but once placed on the track it appeared to have the Australian National 'AN' yellow livery as it the reskin is using the original model by Auran AN Guard Van <kuid:-25:4>

I did open the vanpcp and checked the texture which is not exactly the power of 2. 512x512 or 1024x1024 as the original texture from AN Guard Van.
Could anyone please fix this reskin? I wouldn't know how to, thank you or if John is still out there somewhere can you kindly fix it :) Cheers!
You will have to somehow rescale the texture to the proper dimensions using Gimp another program such as Paint.net.

You will have to somehow rescale the texture to the proper dimensions using Gimp another program such as Paint.net.
I attempted doing it in paint shop pro, it's not my best skills creating or editing textures LOL
But, someone I know is doing an updated reskin version ;)

Usually a repaint is a copy of the original texture with changed colors only.
I think this repainting is impossible to fix. The problem is not only in size, the texture structure is completely different:

Last edited:
Usually a repaint is a copy of the original texture with changed colors only.
I think this repainting is impossible to fix. The problem is not only in size, the texture structure is completely different:
I did notice that, I did re-create it using paint shop pro as I mentioned. What I did is cropped each panel on the texture and saved them as separate images and then pasted them as a new layer onto the original texture and scaling where required. Turned out alright! Just got some error which I decided to give up trying otherwise I will break something..

I'm not entirely sure how did you share the textures mate! If I knew that I would share it here....

Here's how I managed to repair the texture using paint shop pro

I did notice that, I did re-create it using paint shop pro as I mentioned. What I did is cropped each panel on the texture and saved them as separate images and then pasted them as a new layer onto the original texture and scaling where required. Turned out alright! Just got some error which I decided to give up trying otherwise I will break something..

I'm not entirely sure how did you share the textures mate! If I knew that I would share it here....
Apparently I just didn't understand the question at first, I thought it was the size of the texture. I also did the same thing quickly with FastStone Image Viewer utility:

Basically, you've already shared it. Anyone can download it and convert it to TGA format.

Paint.net will Open and Save TGA files... Paint Shop Pro DOES NOT Save TGA files.... Paint Shop PRO is Not Recommended for making Reskins for Trainz.... Adobe Photoshop, Paint.net & Gimp are the ones to use when making Reskins for Trainz.. Photoshop is Paid.... Paint.net and GIMP are Both FREE USE them to make your reskins..

Apparently I just didn't understand the question at first, I thought it was the size of the texture. I also did the same thing quickly with FastStone Image Viewer utility:

Basically, you've already shared it. Anyone can download it and convert it to TGA format.
All good mate :) Here in Australia none of us barely make any sense and confuse each other during a good or worse conversation HHAHA :p

Yes, I shared it because I just didn't know how to resolve the issue.. But it looks pretty good from the screenshot you just sent ;) :)

Paint.net will Open and Save TGA files... Paint Shop Pro DOES NOT Save TGA files.... Paint Shop PRO is Not Recommended for making Reskins for Trainz.... Adobe Photoshop, Paint.net & Gimp are the ones to use when making Reskins for Trainz.. Photoshop is Paid.... Paint.net and GIMP are Both FREE USE them to make your reskins..
I have paint shop pro v7 ;) It certainly saves to TGA :D

I thought I better add this note:

Although, I did not obtain john_sb's permission to redistribute, but I really wanted to fix up the texture and share it of course.
All credit goes to john_sb for the original artwork texture reskin.

If the moderators do remove the texture link, this is completely understandable. As long as I don't get banned :(

Back