Problem with Graphics

josefdoc

Hi, I recently got a new graphics card, and when I'm in Direct X in Ts2009 some parts of the train and scenery disappear, and when i try to take a screenshot it sometimes has missing items as well. In Open Gl nothing in game disappears, but when i try to take a screenshot it turns out black. In TS12 nothing in game disappears but when i try to take a screenshot in Open Gl or DirectX it turns out black in both. I updated my drivers and everything, and it dosen't happen on just one computer it happens on almost all my computers except one which is a laptop. My Trainz computer is a Dell Desktop Inspiron 530, with a Radeon 5450 graphics card. I also tried contacting the Auran helpdesk but haven't gotten a response in a few months. Does anybody else have this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? I'm thinking maybe an update installed automatically, would the Microsoft Visual C++ Visual studio have anything to do with it?

Thank You

Hello, not something that I have experienced and I have the same graphics card. If you are having items disappearing 'in game' then that is undoubtedly due to the wrong setting such as Directx instead of OpenGL. Your screenshot issue could be due to the software that you are using to view them. I use Gimp and have no problems at all. Take a look here, this may give you some more information http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?50608-Screenshot-Horror!&highlight=black+screenshots

Regards, Andy

Tried that, it didn't work. And they are not running the same operating system the one laptop is vista, the other laptop is Windows 7, and my desktop is vista. But I also have another Windows 7 computer laptop that it works fine on.

Thanks

Yes, that is what I meant. I thought perhaps the PC displaying properly was using a different OS than the others. I have reached the limit of my technical knowledge after reading your post, however. I don't have another guess, sorry.

This happened for me in TS2009 on an Intel GMA 4500M graphics card (one year ago), I uninstalled it right away because it was so laggy. But, I had the same problem (but with OpenGL) so I switched to direct x. The problem for this is probably the loading of objects, or a faulty OpenGl driver.

in your case try running trainz in compatibility mode, and updating your direct x, also the runtime components would be pretty important for games to run properly.

josefdoc: You might try Tip/tricks Dealing with the Black and multicolour textures by Shane Turner12..I'm sorry but I do not have a direct Link for you..But it is a blog on the forum..

Last edited:
Hi, it works now, I downloaded Fraps and it works when I take a screenshot with Fraps thank You so much for your help!!

Back