Problem With Coxton Yards

I downloaded Coxton Yards from DLS. I was able to change the tracks and add some signals and save it. But when I tried adding some more baseboards and rename, the game says "Can't rename" or "Can't reopen asset for saving." Something like that. And when the Surveyor goes into Autosave, it stays frozen in a sense. I can move my mouse around and I see the clock (for AutosaVe) move around "with" my mouse but nothing happens when I click it for about 9 minutes. Each time the route autosaves, it takes 9 minutes and it's not a big route. It consists of roughly 12 baseboards. Then things get back to normal after the 9 minutes. But... why can't I manually save or rename the route? What's up with that? It can only Autosave - apparently. Could I have downloaded some malware? Help. This is weird, unless my comp memory is getting low.

Last edited:
Never mind. I found out why it ironically 9 minutes to Autosave and wouldn't manually save. I was working on the route for hours and the computer was hot. Apparently the game doesn't work right when the computer is hot. Not sure if anyone else has a similar problem with their computers or not, but I just thought I would mention it.

I can't believe people are still playing with that map...That was my very first Trainz project from a long time ago.

I replaced some of the assets and changed some things around. Adjusting the switchpoints and may make the yard longer. Changed the older tracks for JR instead. Still working on this route. I can upload it to the DLS with your permission of course. I'll mention that it's your route and how I added/modified stuff to it.

Last edited:
I replaced some of the assets and changed some things around. Adjusting the switchpoints and may make the yard longer. Changed the older tracks for JR instead. Still working on this route. I can upload it to the DLS with your permission of course. I'll mention that it's your route and how I added/modified stuff to it.

Feel free to make all the adjustment you like. I started another Coxton Yard Route based on a actual 1959 map of the yard, however, I lost the project in a computer crash. I also made that yard in Railworks as a side project. Pictures of that should be on my FB page. The goal of those last two route were to make the LV route from Coxton Yard to Sayre Yard that was called the Snake Path. The original Coxton Yard was going to be continued with add on areas and smaller rail branches but nobody seem interested in it so I dropped the idea.

Feel free to make all the adjustment you like. I started another Coxton Yard Route based on a actual 1959 map of the yard, however, I lost the project in a computer crash. I also made that yard in Railworks as a side project. Pictures of that should be on my FB page. The goal of those last two route were to make the LV route from Coxton Yard to Sayre Yard that was called the Snake Path. The original Coxton Yard was going to be continued with add on areas and smaller rail branches but nobody seem interested in it so I dropped the idea.

Thanks Scott. I'll call the route Foothills Rail Yard and will explain that the yards and it's surroundings were originally your route with add ons and revisions, so it could be used in other routes.

Back