Probably a silly question .....

sologuitarist61

....... but how do you change the route thumbnail image that appears on the route screen in Trainz12? I have looked through the program files and can find one for 'thumbnails' but that appears to be just the images for the assets, not the routes.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks
Richard

Same as you do for any asset right Click > Edit > Edit in Explorer.

Or depending on the build of TS12, SP1 can be changed from Surveyor > Main Menu > Edit route > Set Thumbnail

You shouldn't go into the program files to do this. There will be a specific route asset (make sure it's not the route session) which is where you will find the thumbnail you need to change. If you use the route name to do a search in Content Manager, then open the route for edit in Explorer, the thumbnail will be in that folder.

It can be even easier than this...

Edit the route in Surveyor

- Find a good scene that represents your route.
- Choose Edit Route from the menu.
- Choose a new thumbnail image using the option for it (I can't think of the actual name because I'm not at my Trainz computer right now).

Your image will be updated instantly without having to edit in Explorer via Content Manager. This is of course you want a route image and not something else.

John

It can be even easier than this...

Edit the route in Surveyor

- Find a good scene that represents your route.
- Choose Edit Route from the menu.
- Choose a new thumbnail image using the option for it (I can't think of the actual name because I'm not at my Trainz computer right now).

Your image will be updated instantly without having to edit in Explorer via Content Manager. This is of course you want a route image and not something else.

John

Well done John, that way of doing it works a treat, thank you

John, proof indeed that you can teach an old dog new tricks. This was a features I was totally unaware of so I'll add my thanks.

Back