Powerlines Across Water?

HillbillyHobo

Does anyone know of any powerlines tall enough to run across a wide river?

I'm using TS12. I looked in the download under powerlines, but I could not find any.

I'm open for suggestions as well. If I can't find anything, I'll have to bring up the ground to make the ones available work.

The powerline is coming from phase 3 across the river, where there will be a large power plant. Those powerlines connect to a sub station in phase 2 for the countryside.

See you around the bend. :)

Have you tried using normal height powerline splines but raising them much higher where they cross the river (setting spline points on both sides, and then raising those spline points to the required height), and then positioning tall concrete bases under them as foundations (to hide that their pylons are now suspended in mid air)?

There are numerous high voltage transmission lines and concrete pylons/blocks on the DLS which should be useable in TS12 that should be suitable for the task.

Last edited:
You know Enkidoh, I didn't try pulling the spline across the water as I thought it would follow the ground. I didn't realize it would stay the height of the ground height, I thought it would act like some of the fencing splines do.

I went ahead and pulled the ground up to make little islands for them.

Thanks for the tip Enkidoh. :)

I posted a photo in Gallery of the Sub Station..

Just type 'HBH' in the search, and it should pop up the ph2 photos. This one is titled 'Power Sub Station'.

Back