Possible powerful tool: Google Earth

Virtual Earth is better,because you can view it from all angles:D .But with Google earth you dont get as much detail and theres only birds eye view.:(

You must not know how to change views then. Google Earth gives you more than just birds-eye view. It has 3D as well. It even has 3D buildings.

So VIrtual Earth is better because you think MS got in a plane and flew thousands of times around the planet to take all those pictures? I somehow doubt that ;)

I personally don't like Virtual Earth, I find it's very slow compared to GE, there are no 3D buildings as far as I've seen and the 3D views look very unimpressive compared to those of GE. The search facilities on GE are much more user-friendly, it's not a silly browser-based program and lastly I can use it offline :)

@ Dermmy
You can't run Virtual Earth properly unless you download the viewer program.

JB

Google earth did use satelite images, but they are good images. Images taken from planes aren't as accurate when put together, and sometimes lack the attention to detail. Plus i agree with jivebunny. They most likely did not fly around the worls anywhere near enough times to get all of there shots. I'm willing to bet half of there shots are sattelite too.

Try it and see.:eek:

I use both. Some places are better in one, others in the other.
Yes i agree,i wasnt saying Google earth was rubbish.
And if i make real routes i only use it to do trackwork and scenery otherwise i use the map.

Last edited:
Back