Portals

JackDownUnder

My portals work ok then one of them decides it is full. This one has consumed a number of consists then ceases to consume with a consequence all subsequent trains back up.
The portal is "Portal Basic <kuid:2:30501:220006:5>
Has anyone experienced this and come up with a reason or solution?

Yes and No, I use 20 plus basic portal and every so often one will develop a mind of its own. I've never seen of heard of a solution but they have all seemed to resolve themselves eventually. What I have done is try to adopt prime number (19, 23, 29, 31 etc) when setting them up to produce or return trains and using a variety of timings so they don't all do things at the same time and create unnecessary confusion. Someone recently made the very valid point here on the Forum that portal should not overhang baseboards into free space. Peter

Thank you, I do not utilize them to return trains, I have an emit and a consume portal at each position.
All my trains are scheduled following timetables.

Hi

If you aren't using the return option then replace the consume portal with a trackmark followed by a Delete Train command. This removes the train from the route instantly without any complications from using a portal.

Regards

Brian

Hi

If you aren't using the return option then replace the consume portal with a trackmark followed by a Delete Train command. This removes the train from the route instantly without any complications from using a portal.

Regards

Brian

This is what I had to do with one of my consume trains portal location. The portal would stop consuming trains and things would get backed up. I made a little tunnel and put the track mark inside so the trains would not just vanish suddenly in the open

Well I utilized your suggestion and selected the first train which was creating the back up down the line.
Worked OK however subsequent trains also refused to enter the portal so changed to same commands.
The session is running now, will let you know what happens.

Back