Portals not working again !

After hosing my computer, I'm re-building my Trainz game. I was locked out of my drives and had to re-format.

I went to re-install Trainz 2019 and of course it put the latest update in which shows as Build 114800.

After successfully installing my favorite route ( Rocky Mountains Montana Track 2019 ), I tried it by running the provided sessions and they seemed to run ok but I believe those sessions do not use the Portals.

I then got my back-up CDP files for the modified route and sessions of mine and put them into the game.

When I run my sessions that had been running before the melt down, I have the problem where the Portals are not emiting properly, the engines appear at the mouth of the portal but it stops and the rest of the consist does not appear. With my steam engines, even the tenders do not appear and with the diesel powered ones only the diesel appears.

I have had this recurring problem over the years after certain updates. The last time I complained about this, the advice that worked was to replace old portals with newer ones. I'm thinking I will now have to do this again with this route.

The saving factor is that my AI traffic is somewhat simple in function. I wish I knew how to use the library to copy the commands since my passenger services that run the route in both directions has many stops to program in.

Wild Willy the Wacko

Back