portals and trolleybuses

hello there Ive tried to make a trolleybus route and have tried to us a portal to give the inpression that the bus is coming from its start point but the bus just appears from the portal and goes nowhere even though it had orders in the driver command to drive to point any answers also is there anyway with the buses on the dls to animate them to go along the roads many thanks George

hello there Ive tried to make a trolleybus route and have tried to us a portal to give the inpression that the bus is coming from its start point but the bus just appears from the portal and goes nowhere even though it had orders in the driver command to drive to point any answers also is there anyway with the buses on the dls to animate them to go along the roads many thanks George
Hi I have just uploaded a Trolleybus Layout myself so can give you some pointers.
I did not use a portal for the Trolleys because the ones I used by Silversmith which can be configured for 11 city operators did not retain its configuration when coming out of a portal.
They came out in the default configuration but providing the Trolleys you want to use do not need configuring you can achieve what you want to do.
With the portal I used for a loco (Portal Basic) You place it join up the track then click on properties the ? symbol then select produce new Train.
you can then select how many mins between each train or bus it produces.
The next step is to click onto add new consist then click on the + sign this brings up the list of your content, now select what you want to run.
Next click onto add driver to consist once you have done this you will see the driver and the command box in there put in what you want to happen eg drive to unload load etc or you can just give it one command drive schedule this means that any commands you have given it in driver command will be followed.
When done click onto the green tick and then either go to quick drive to test it out in which case you will be asked to save the session or you can go to the top of the page use save as then go to driver

more on trolley buses

many thanks for your reply but I only see silversmiths trolly's on the dls so how can what you say go or is there more to it . I lived in London and still do but up until 1963 nearly every bus in the area was a trolleybus and I can remember every route as well and the Nags head Junction in Holloway was the most used in the world with over 1000 movments in the rush hours and there was overhead wiring going everywhere , please could you e-mail me with more on trolleybuses. many thanks George

Motorman1066 (username) has the makings for a complete trolley bus system on the download station. Silversmith's trolley buses will run using motorman's overhead fittings.

Doug.

hello there any idea when it may be out on download station.regards George

If you want to know how to find motorman1066 on the download station type "motorman1066" (no inverted commas) in the search field and click "username". The dls search default is "title".

Doug.

many thanks for your reply but I only see silversmiths trolly's on the dls so how can what you say go or is there more to it . I lived in London and still do but up until 1963 nearly every bus in the area was a trolleybus and I can remember every route as well and the Nags head Junction in Holloway was the most used in the world with over 1000 movments in the rush hours and there was overhead wiring going everywhere , please could you e-mail me with more on trolleybuses. many thanks George
Hi I have just sent you a private message click on just below the Welcome where it says Private messages, you can reply to it by clicking on reply

Back