Portal Manager Questions

Inn

Mr.Inn
Hi,

I have a quick question so I am using "two portal mangers" for my session on my route.

I have trains set to come out at the 00, 05, 20, 30 minute mark every 60 minutes.

For my other manager I have 3 trains coming out at different times.. (This portal) you need to set specifically at what time it comes out.

My question is why after the 1 hour mark (the default) time slot is 10:00am.. so 11:00am, no trains come out anymore? These managers are set to have trains set up at every "60" minute mark.. so it shouldn't be an issue. Sometimes it works.. other times it doesn't.. does it depend on the amount of trains because that stinks.. Let me know, I want to continue my amazing session w/ AI. Is the issue the amount of portals I am using? I have 6.. or is the amount of trains?

Thanks,

David

Hi David.

Can you be more precise about which portal manager rule you are using ? Portal timetable rule (<kuid:61392:2002>) or Quick Portal Manager v2 (<kuid:61392:5011>) or Quick Portal Manager v3 (<kuid:61392:5012>) or Central Portal Control (<kuid:117746:1013>) or any another portal manager rule (give us its kuid). And also can you confirm you are running under TS2010 as your banner indicates or ara you using another Trainz version ?

Regards.
Pierre.

pguy,

We are using Portal Manager.. and Portal Time Table Rule during the same session..

Also I can confirm I can using 2010

Portal Timetable rule is the initial rule and should work with TS2010. This rule is no longer supported (no bugs fix) as Quick Portal Manager v2 and v3 have been since developed and offer more functionalities than the Portal Time Table rule but only for TS2012 users (QPM V2 and V3) and for TANE (only QPM v2 renamed in Quick Portal Manager Standard Edition).

This rule has been used to manage portal train emition on some routes with more than 50 trains scheduled and running several days along, so with 2 portals to manage and only 4 trains by hour for the first portal and 3 trains on the second portal, the problem does not come from the number of portals or number of trains. After, difficult to help without reproducing the problem and as I no longer have any TS2010 installation to try to reproduce the problem ...

Sorry not being able to help more.

If you are thinking about migrating to TS2012 or TANE, may I suggest you look to Quick Portal Manager v2 (or Quick Portal Standard Edition under Tane) which is now the only version currently supported.

Regards.
Pierre.

Back