Poll - what categories of tutorials would you like me to create for T:ANE?

What types of tutorials would you like?

• Importing Content

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Using Content Manager (basic features like validating assets)

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Using Content Manager (more advanced features)

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Repairing assets to meet T:ANE requirements

Votes: 39 75.0%
  • Installing T:ANE and user data related tutorials

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Other (State in a separate comment)

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shaneturner12

Tutorial Creator
Hi Trainzers,

As a couple of users on here may know, I'm looking to create some tutorials specifically for T:ANE (alongside my existing tutorials). What I would like to know though is what categories of tutorials users want.

Users are welcome to vote more than one category if they wish and if the category they may want is not listed, post a comment here listing what you would like and I will see if I can sort it.

Note that I will not be able to sort any content creation specific tutorials at this stage although I'm hoping N3V will fill that gap.

I look forward to seeing what the results are - I'm hoping to get the first tutorial or two done prior to the release of T:ANE.

Shane

Note - the poll is only open for 2 days, although I may be able to extend that if needed. It's so I've got time to sort out the relevant tutorials.

Last edited:
I would like to see tutorials for importing content from TS12 to T:ANE. Or, more specifically, if it is possible to import an entirely installed TS12 database into T:ANE on a separate drive.

I should be able to sort that - if you want to vote that option on the poll as well, you are welcome to (the poll is set up to not show individual usernames).

Shane

Last edited:
I will see what I can do on that. The poll is open until the date and time specified after which I will be able to sort out my priorities.

Shane

I've voted on what I feel is needed by the less experienced, not for myself as I have all aspects covered ;o)

Unless it is correctly installed, all the rest is moot. All during the Beta cycle, we saw too many cases where people were frustrated because the installation was not correct. Even if it is correctly done, there are also unintended consequences. For example, the default installation is a hidden folder on the C: drive which might not be the largest drive in the computer.

I selected the first two, which is about Content Manager, but I meant specifically the Content Manager used in T:ANE. I didn't mean any Content Manager, I meat the redesigned version found in T:ANE.

I selected the first two, which is about Content Manager, but I meant specifically the Content Manager used in T:ANE. I didn't mean any Content Manager, I meat the redesigned version found in T:ANE.

Indeed - that's what I'm focusing on as my existing tutorials cover most of the older versions.

Shane

Well, 2 Points:
1: I'd like to revisit this after the 15th so we have a better idea of what TANE will and wont do exactly. Assets being repaired, supposedly some way to import? god only knows what else.....

2:Some of these issues seem like one off issues that most people will only deal with once and never ask for again as they either remember some process or simply never encounter again once its done the first time....

Hence I voted for the Repairing assets, as that seems like it has the longest term liklihood to be useful to me anyway. Of course, if TANE release 20 patches in the first 2 months, I might revise that opinion.... But as I said before, we don't really know what its going to be like *yet*.

-Falcus

Well, 2 Points:
1: I'd like to revisit this after the 15th so we have a better idea of what TANE will and wont do exactly. Assets being repaired, supposedly some way to import? god only knows what else.....

2:Some of these issues seem like one off issues that most people will only deal with once and never ask for again as they either remember some process or simply never encounter again once its done the first time....

Hence I voted for the Repairing assets, as that seems like it has the longest term liklihood to be useful to me anyway. Of course, if TANE release 20 patches in the first 2 months, I might revise that opinion.... But as I said before, we don't really know what its going to be like *yet*.

-Falcus

Indeed - the tutorial creation is going to be an ongoing process but at the moment I'm mainly seeing what my priorities need to be through this poll.

Shane

Very good idea. :D
I also support that idea although I suspect this type of tutorial wasn't what Shane had in mind. :hehe:

There is a good description of the test track and it's usage in the manual, but it might need someone to take an example traincar and document the engine spec development.

I suggest that the tutorials most needed are those to just setup T:ANE and import favourite content from elsewhere. As others have pointed out, this has given the beta testers quite a lot of angst. It should be simple but...

Thankyou for the answers so far. In terms of the Test Track, whilst it's also mentioned in the manual, I should be able to do a tutorial on how to use it.

Shane

P.S. The poll runs until just after 4PM today BST time.

Thankyou for the answers so far. In terms of the Test Track, whilst it's also mentioned in the manual, I should be able to do a tutorial on how to use it.

Shane

P.S. The poll runs until just after 4PM today BST time.

Sound good, Shane, thanks for your hard work, good buddy! :wave:

Ishie

Back