Poll: How much content do you download?

Which of these options BEST describes your download habits?

• I never download anything

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I download occasionally

Votes: 43 18.1%
  • I search the download station regularly and choose what I like

Votes: 171 71.8%
  • I download everything new from the Download Station

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I seldom use the Trainz DLS but often download elsewhere

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • I mainly download when things are recommended to me

Votes: 12 5.0%

• Total voters

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We'd love to know more about your download habits. Please choose the answer that best fits your thirst for new content.

I download occasionaly but i mostely go on it when ive been told theres something new up so....

pretty much as much as i can, as long as i can, of what intrests me, wherever i can find it, dls AND any and every place else.

and what intrests me is modern passenger narrow gauge (with mixed freight opporation, but at least some passenger, and primarily as much or more then freight, passinger oriented. unlike most of u.s., more like (my impression of) europe and many other places of relatively recent past, current, and hopefully near future).

=^^=
.../\...

I would probably download more if the DLS was more reliable. I find it difficult with 2004, and impossible with 2006.

In fact, when I bought 2006 it came with a 3-month 1st class ticket which I was totally unable to use. As a result, I do not use 2006, and, from my point of view, it was a total waste of money.

I am sure that the poor download facilities provided by Auran have resulted in people getting fed up and frustrated, and ultimately leaving Trainz, to try something else.

Other (non-Trainz) websites which provide download facilities seem to have no trouble in providing a simple, efficient download system.

Why can't Auran supply this?

Ian Coleman

I use Downloader Pro rather than CMP which is rather slow in thumbnail view takes forever to load the pics & only see a portion of whats on the DLS when searching for an item.
In most cases DLP will search,show & download while CMP is still trying to display the images

Dave

Downloading

I search regularly and download anything that fits with the layout I am working on at the time. I hardly ever have trouble downloading, nor do I have trouble with CMP. I did not like 2006 when I first bought it mainly because of the sound, or lack of. But the extra features have brought me round to using it regularly.

Cheers,
Bill69.

I will probably download more if and when the Trainz platform ever stops changing, at which time I would prefer to purchase my content in CDs of high quaility asset packages.

Only when anything is shown to me I like.

I used to go to the DLS every week and find new things. But now that it is unreliable, I rarely go there.:confused:

3rd Party stuff is what I download these days.

Cheers,
Adam

DLS downloads

I download everything, plus much from external websites for missing dependencies.

Part of this need is to thoroughly test CMP, but also to fix assets needing repairs and upload repair schemes to TARL.

Note there are some assets that are said to be on DLS but FCT cannot find.

"I search the download station regularly and choose what I like"

And I seem to find something else I like every time I go on it!!:D

chrisw27:)

Back