Please help? Graphics problem until restart of Trs2006

jjeff1955

I am having a weired problem now & than. :eek: I will be working on my map and sometimes the map will go bad with the sky showing large texture files such as road signs or what ever it can seem to come up with at the time it happens. I also had my ground textures turn into a bunch of chillie peppers:eek: the size of each grid, hundreds of them covered my ground. This happens without warning and I will exit the survayo rmode and the log out screen will be corrupted with black squares where the text used to be. After I exit the TRS2006 completly and start up back into survayor everything is ok for a long time. This just happens at random. New system and no internet to avoid viruses. XP Pro Sp2, Quad core Phenom II 965, Video is Evga co-op 295 series, 1100 watt power supply. Trainz 2006 with Sp1 installed.
Thanks in advance for any help.

I've only seen artifacts like that in TRS2006 when overclocking the videocard to much. (lower range than 295)

The 295 has two GPU's, so in effect it's working in SLI. As with any sim or game, SLI is very dependent on the driver. I've never tried 2006 in SLI myself but it may not work so well. Further more, I've heard of others having problems with the 295 in XP. Seem to be better of in Vista and Windows 7.

- Get the latest driver from nvidia if you haven't already.
- Disable PhysX in the ControlPanel if it's on.
- Try to disable multi-gpu or SLI in the ControlPanel if possible.

Other from that, artifacts can also show up as a result of overheating. Then it may be something else very simple that I've overlooked...

Thanks for all of your help.

:D Thanks for the help so far. I made sure the SLI was turned off on that card, as it does run better with it off in the TRS2006. I do have that option to turn it off. As far as overheating the answer is no, well within under the limits of heat. This problem that I described only happens with the Trs2006 and no other high intensive games have a problem. I may need to reinstall TRS2006 as I have run it almost to death for months on my large map. The chilli peppor squares started after I installed a downloaded vehical from the DLS. The vehical was going down the road totally sideways:eek: due the content creator not checking his work. Now that I think about it that is when I started having problems. I removed the vehical and things seem to be better and not as offten.

I've only seen artifacts like that in TRS2006 when overclocking the videocard to much. (lower range than 295)

The 295 has two GPU's, so in effect it's working in SLI. As with any sim or game, SLI is very dependent on the driver. I've never tried 2006 in SLI myself but it may not work so well. Further more, I've heard of others having problems with the 295 in XP. Seem to be better of in Vista and Windows 7.

- Get the latest driver from nvidia if you haven't already.
- Disable PhysX in the ControlPanel if it's on.
- Try to disable multi-gpu or SLI in the ControlPanel if possible.

Other from that, artifacts can also show up as a result of overheating. Then it may be something else very simple that I've overlooked...

I have an SLI computer (2 x 6800 GT) and it ran 2006 perfectly and runs 2009 perfectly.The only time I had a problem similar to the OP's was when someone sent me a 2006 Beta route and didn't tell me it was (I think) SP3 which I wasn't running.

Seems to be ok for now.

:) I do realize that config files that are not perfect such as that vehical that I downloaded will cause weird problems. I to have downloaded beta maps and got myself into problems, I am still trying to weed out bad content from that. You content creators do have my respect for the work you do and I know that every computer is different,:eek: so things happen. I wonder how TRS2010 is going to be, as I just bought a copy of it. Thanks all for you input!

Back