Pic of the Month - Ending March 31, 2009

Hi all,

Spiffy101 has had an excellent idea for a pic of the month, though it seems that the idea has been left behind since January. Well I want to continue the idea, and hope it is alright with him in the meantime. Anyway, this PotM will encourage all types of railroad screenshots.

Rules as aforementioned in the January PotM and modified

1. All pictures must be your own. If otherwise, they will NOT be accepted and you may not retry a submission.
2. Pictures of real and model trains will be accepted.
3. As per the Code of Conduct, pictures larger than 800 x 600 cannot be posted. Links must be provided.
4. All entries posted after Midnight (US Eastern Time) on the 31st of March (leading to April 1st) will receive a one-point deduction in the voting thread.
5. You are only allowed to post one picture. A second image will override the first.
6. Pictures should not entail trespassing, dangerous, or illegal activity or be taken in private property without allowance. Those will not be accepted.

Voting for January's PotM (Spiffy101 was absent in Feb.) is available http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=38281

Last edited:
I'll start first. FEC 106 leads 222, such RA units leading has not happened for a month.

3320251738_c7d75a2f8d_o.jpg

Here's a head-on shot of the Strasburg 0-6-0 #7312 slowly moving its way to its train. :cool:
Strasburg_31.jpg

BTW, I know some of you may think that I was trespassing in the yard when I took this shot, but I can assure you the Strasburg Railroad is very generous, they ALWAYS allow people to take shots in the yard, you just can't be in or close to the path of the train. You can clearly see the switch ahead of the 7312 was switched away from me.

Robby :wave:

Here's a head-on shot of the Strasburg 0-6-0 #7312 slowly moving its way to its train. :cool:

BTW, I know some of you may think that I was trespassing in the yard when I took this shot, but I can assure you the Strasburg Railroad is very generous, they ALWAYS allow people to take shots in the yard, you just can't be in or close to the path of the train. You can clearly see the switch ahead of the 7312 was switched away from me.

Robby :wave:

I acknowledge that the Stratsburg is generous, it's that I've seen people stand with 3' of a moving train in places other than a grade crossing. Your shot is alright because you aren't too close.

West bound BNSF 4836, 1007 and 988 Pull an Evergreen stack train into Head of the Bay Yard, Tacoma, WA. This train terminates in Tacoma and the train, minus the head end power, will be pulled from the other end to Evergreen Shippings facility for unloading. Just thought I would share as it's not really a vote getting Pic.

img0365782x585.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry Guys! My thread was closed and now I know why:confused: I'm rather embarressed! Anyway I'll find a way to upload and get one in here someday. Once again sorry. BTW Good idea to bring this back brickbuilder!
Cheers!!!

Before I post a picture, are pictures of trams (or so-called trams) allowed, or has it got to be a railway/road?

I would think if it were on rails...contact the author though
Um, that's me! Let's try a city scene.

No quoting of picture(s) permitted

Tram leaving Central Station. Click here if the picture doesn't show.
ywq6ne.jpg

EDIT 22:33 Thu 05/03/2009: Add date & time of post, approx. 20:38 Th 05/03/2009, just in case the posts get out of order.

Last edited:
Back