Over 250 faulty dependencies

davoss

In my attempt to upgrade from TRS19 to TRS22, I have discovered I have over 250 dependencies that are faulty. Many of them have "no *.texture.txt" file; quite of few of them have Build version numbers less than 3.5; several have other issues that I have not yet discovered how to repair. Almost all of these are from other builders that I downloaded from the DLS.

There are a few items that I created and that I can fix. However, fixing the items that others have created will take an incredible amount of time.

I understand why the developers of Trainz decided to disallow the use of these items that worked in TRS19. However, it creates an incredible burden on my time and effort.

I guess I will just return to TRS19 and hope for the best in the future.

Didrik

Tony,
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, virtually all of faulty content are not built-in. I believe the majority of the faults are due to a missing *.texture.txt" file. For instance, one of Ben Dorsey's bridges has two dependencies (blue track, green track) that have no *.texture.txt files. I fixed these files and the Ben Dorsey bridge also was corrected. This will take some time to clean up my 250+ files.

Didrik

Tony,
One more comment. Even Auran TextureEnv files are faulty because they do not have *.texture.txt files. Again, I can correct this problem for each file, but it will take some time.

Didrik

Right Click revert to original, you have overwritten builtins they won't show as such until you revert them.

Of the 450+ faulty dependencies, 430 were due to needing a *.texture.txt" file and a *.tga file. The remaining 20+ files have other problems including being obsolete or faulty Payware and a few with missing dependencies.
I would like to thank PEVsoft for their program Images2TGA. What a great program that not only creates the *.tga file but the *.texture.txt" file as well.

Didrik

Last edited:
Back