OnTrack October 2007 Edition Includes Bid's Month In View, Adding Scenery, etc

ish6

Since 2001
Hi Community,

Jam pack with useful and enjoyable information. This might not change the world of trainz, but it brings some insights of the fun things we like to do with Trainz .... click on the link to see and read for yourself::D

http://wileystrainz.proboards32.com/index.cgi?board=tpc&action=display&thread=1191768208

I hope you enjoy it. Padster put lots of hours behind it. If anyone like to participate or would like to have an interest in the mag, just register at our site and get in contact with Padster!!:wave:

Enjoy it:hehe:
Ishie

Hmm...... I sent him two articles but neither have been in it

Go to the site and PM Padster ...

Note: that Padster have tolds that he has been in and out of the hospital in recent weeks, so perhaps he might have forgotten... However, just PM and let him know ... But again, due to health issues he has not been around these days!!

Ish

Thanks Ish for keeping up the good work as usual!

K4, I got your story and picture, but I am afraid it was way too short for the mag. Contributors can write whatever they like (as long as it is to do with Trainz or real trains) but I always stipulate that their articles should fill at least one page of A4 paper. I am prepared to allow some leeway if the writer has included a few pictures as these take up quite a bit of space, but you had just one picture and very little words. Now if you could flesh out your story a little I would be delighted to publish it in the mag.

Best wishes,
Padster

Thanks Ish for keeping up the good work as usual!

K4, I got your story and picture, but I am afraid it was way too short for the mag. Contributors can write whatever they like (as long as it is to do with Trainz or real trains) but I always stipulate that their articles should fill at least one page of A4 paper. I am prepared to allow some leeway if the writer has included a few pictures as these take up quite a bit of space, but you had just one picture and very little words. Now if you could flesh out your story a little I would be delighted to publish it in the mag.

Best wishes,
Padster

Padster, looking at your mag, may I suggest a constructive comment?

If so, look on, otherwise not.
Looking at the mag, everything is there and personally, I do feel there is some improvement recommended, but not required (you can't please some people), but if you want to improve something significant, why not change the font? Serif fonts aren't really the best ones to use, I suggest creating some examples and showing them to the community, the key here is readiblity, something "Times New Roman" isn't!

Another good idea, is one I came up with the UKDTG magazine (the only one), you may want to talk to an artist who is on the verge of releasing a stunning object and if he is willing to ablige, send you some high quality renders and have a "focus on" section. (Then again, the magazine I produce, serves a different audience alltogether).
The idea here, is to appreciate good art work and suggest improvements to artwork, which is not quite up to what we expect. (Author collaboration needed).

Other than that, I see reviews were missing on the october version, so if you fancy doing one, why not my Class 141 railbus? Yes, its not quite finish and there is lots to do, it needs a custom cab, that I have already outlined, along with some other issues (rivet size, lack of some details, etc.), but other than that, if you want to review it, go ahead. (Optional).

If you want to be extra fussy and right a review that clearly critisies the railbus, compare it with some good photos (I did that during production) and say why you don't like it, go on, if you want to praise it, do, either way, my time was worthwhile spent and it is better spent if people find errors I can fix!

WEN,

Thanks for taking the time to contribute some constructive criticism of the mag. I appreciate it.

It is still early days for the mag, but I am determined that it will stay the course and not go under like so many others. I think the Trainz community needs a magazine from a European/Australian viewpoint, so hopefully we are offering something different.

With regards to the font, I am going to experiment over the next few months to come up with something better for the New Year. I agree that the font we are using at the moment isn't perfect, but it will have to do until I can find a solution that offers more clarity in the text.

I will be happy to review your railbus, but I would like to wait until the cab is done before I go ahead. We could certainly do with more reviewers, as reviewing things AND editing the mag is quite a lot of work!

Best wishes,
Padster

Last edited:
Hi Padster - I think the press date must be approaching for the next edition soon - when would you like this month's column? Be warned, it may be slightly shorter this month due to me going to uni two weeks ago today, but I can easily come up with more of the same (if it's not too boring ;)) - in fact I started earlier today.

Might I suggest that someone reviews Rob's 9F? I'm not volunteering myself because I don't know enough about the class (it must be good though because I can identify it as a 9F!), but would someone else would take the opportunity?

BidMod.

I would like the column anytime in the next two weeks. There is no rush. I am always grateful for your contribution to the mag. Your articles are never boring.

I was originally only going to review payware products, as people can download freeware stuff and try it for themselves with no obligations. However, if people are interested I might try and review the 9F for the December mag. I have an article on the Consett/Tyne Dock 9F's so I suppose I could mug up on that first.

Good luck at university!

Best wishes,
Padster

Back