Only able to load two routes

westaussietoo

I'm having a bit of a problem loading routes (with rolling stock), with the exception of Mojave Subdivision and Balezino. On all the other routes, after I have placed locos etc where I want them, I hit the Esc key and get a window telling me to enter a name for my new route and session. I click on the existing name, e.g. Southern China. Then I click on the checkmark. Then I get the question - overwrite route? - I click yes, and I'm immediately back in surveyor. I can't get out of surveyor unless I click 'don't save. With Mojave and Belazino I am getting a menu with choices on how or what to save. What am I doing wrong - or why can I only save changes to the two routes I mentioned?
Thanks.

Pretty sure you can't over-write the built-in routes, you need to give them a new name. Main Menu > Save As > save new route and session (or whatever)...

Andy

Can I check which version of Trainz you are referring to?

Shane

EDIT: Dermmy is correct regarding not being able to overwrite built-in routes - the Save As command should be used for the first save under a new name.

OK - while you're at it, look into registering your serial number - you may run into other issues when saving custom routes (such as negative KUID numbers) if it's not registered.

Shane

Back