Okay, this ain't making any sense.

Cactushead

I just read the other poster's message about why his post was moved, so rechecked mine so I could post n the correct place. Well, fat chance of that happening. The list was, maintenance- support>ts12 then my post title. So where is it? Somewhere out in the South 40 of the universe? Listen, moderators. We/I appreciate the work u do keeping the Johnny Toilet Mouths and the flame war starters off this site. And I have to give u an A+ on that. But, We also use these forums if we get stuck on something. Now my last post "Oy!" had some important questions that will now never get answered. Nobody follows a 'moved' post.At least not from what I've seen. So, I'm gonna repost them, and hopefully u will leave it here so I can get some help. As I mentioned earlier, my stress level is getting out of control. So if that post gets moved, I'm thru with trains for a while.

But it was a question about support for TS12. The title said "Loosing content" which was very vague and anyone not interested in TS12 would open it, read it and immediately move on having wasted their time. The alternative is to put everything in the one forum so that everyone can have an impossible time sorting the wheat from the chaff.

In answer to the original question, maybe there were updates. If you're going to ask about individual assets then some asset kuids would help a lot. Give us something to work with rather than vague generalisations.

Cactushead - if it's relating to a specific version then it's better to have it in the specific forum for that version (which by the sounds of it is TS12), which is normally available for anyone with a registered PC or Mac version serial (or in the case of certain versions a version registered automatically) to read.

The moderators will often put things in the right place if they aren't which is what has probably happened to yours (that's due to loads of people putting version specific queries in General Trainz as you said you have done).

Shane

It's CoC #15. If you think its harsh then consider that the mods are probably doing you a favour by putting the request where it is most likely to attract attention by those who can answer your question . :)

The title said "Loosing content" which was very vague
To put things in perspective:
The original title was "OY!". I renamed it to "Loosing content", hoping it would attract more readers by making it less vague (and left the original "OY!" as a redirect to the topic; probably on page 2 for most people by now).

Don't get me wrong; I agree it is still not the best title, but I hope it was at least an improvement.

Catcushead is living up to his name :) But I can see his point, I read General, surveyors and Tane mostly even though I have 12 and 10.
I should think there are lots of 10 and 12 part-time users who do not check out the relevant forums, best to attract the most attention, it's not as though this sub-forum is over populated.

it's not as though this sub-forum is over populated.
That is only because the majority of the people DO post in the correct forum.
2 of over 60 active topics the last 24 hours (click on "Quick links" followed by "Today's Posts" if you want to do the count yourself).
If all topics would have been in General, most of them would have disappeared to page 2 before getting any attention at all.

In point of fact, I ignored the thread because of the misspelled word. It is "Losing" vice "Loosing". "Losing" implies you can't find something and "Loosing" implies "who released the dogs?"

Bill

General trains? or ts 12?

Okay, I think I'm getting up to speed on this moved post thingy. I did find the forum for TS 12, but it doesn't seem like there's anyone paying any attention to it. I have always posted to 'general trains' and had no problems until recently. I really want to get this straightened out as it does embarrass me to c one of my posts moved. So, where do I post for help with problems? Let's hope this will get me straightened out.:confused:

TS12 - Trainz Support - Questions and requests for technical assistance relating to Trainz Simulator 12

What makes you think there is no-one paying attention to it?

Back