Off The Flanders coast, 1915

Nice to see a real Freighter

But on a historical note you should mark it up properly as a neutral if you want to portray a WWI situation.

The Scandinavians all followed this pattern: Flag + Country + Flag (eg. Danish flag + DANMARK + Danish flag).

The same pattern was used in WWII prior to April 9th 1940. My father is a merchant navy veteran and he says that in the North Sea it only ensured one thing: they were fired upon by both axis and allies .

the sea

Hi

The Sea is a little different than most have seen in trainz. I use three different types of seas.

(1) is a board, waves are just long hills basicly,, then textured as water, added and let the track lay on the waves. The effect is great (I think) as the ships really ride the waves.

(2) animated waves A experiment with 3 large planes, taht move in differing directions and make a rolling ocean. good, but not great.

(3) Reg Auran water with a planes facing downward with ripples texture. Great for underseas shots with subs.

But yep,, in short,, they are all in trainz :)

Got any BEER onboard Tramp is now set up and PS Whec great model a privilage to look at your gmax..........;)
trampstopsl9.jpg

Last edited:
Gmax

Hi Dreed, hope the gmax made some sense, hhshhahahahaha, now you see how I make wakes and such,, it is a mess but it works somehow. heheheheheh.

Hi Dredd & team,

These are what Trainz is all about!. It gives freedom to the creative juices.

That Short Sunderland Dredd. Can you make it 'tilt' when going 'round corners please?. Have a chat to Mike (Whecsailor).
I think Mike it was you who did some 'tilt' experimentation for Craig Carr (Seeseeme) & I??.

All of this is most excellent!.
Now.....how to make that sea rough!!!
:p

The sunderland tilts everything tilts planes ships bikes they all use vulcans helicopter roll script ..and whec yes i can animate

The sunderland tilts everything tilts planes ships bikes they all use vulcans helicopter roll script ..and whec yes i can animate

Way to go!

Excellent Dredd, & any helpers involved?

Many thanks for these upcoming beauties. Watch out for pirates!

:udrool:

No helpers involved just look over at TRS04 thread someone asks about aircraft in trainz and Vulcan explanes how to use the helicopter roll script anyway the test flight of the RAF Short Sunderland Flying Boat
2 versions of paint now blue and white and cammo both with prop/bogeys yes animated ;) Commercial version soon carrying pass/baggage and freight Ansett Airways I think
A rainy morning at Trainz harbour another long patrol for these boys patroling the Trainz sea lanes protecting convoys ..............
liftgi2.jpg

Throttle up
lift1ff3.jpg

lift2nm1.jpg

ease back on the wheel and let her climb
lift3ef4.jpg

Hi Dreddman,

She looks lovely!.
Once you have the props animated, any idea of the poly count?.
It's probably too early to ask this, soplease forgive me.
There's no way I want to be 'pushy' with anyone's creations.

I'm very happy to wait for the completion of works of this caliber.

:)

Hi Dreddman,

She looks lovely!.
Once you have the props animated, any idea of the poly count?.
It's probably too early to ask this, soplease forgive me.
There's no way I want to be 'pushy' with anyone's creations.

I'm very happy to wait for the completion of works of this caliber.

:)
:eek: READ ABOVE? the props are animated? poly count around 28k not bad for a model of this detail started off around 75k ...the loadable commerical version will be less (no guns ect) around 50k polys the gmax exporter goes psyco and strange things happen ???? HMS Hornblower is 43k and I dare not push it anymore gotta reduce the gun detail :eek:
One Day

:eek: READ ABOVE? the props are animated? poly count around 28k not bad for a model of this detail started off around 75k ...the loadable commerical version will be less (no guns ect) around 50k polys the gmax exporter goes psyco and strange things happen ???? HMS Hornblower is 43k and I dare not push it anymore gotta reduce the gun detail :eek:
One Day

Oops!, sorry Dreddman.
I really should stop being so slack, & read back through the thread, eh?. :)

Drop a few eggs & fire off a few rounds, that should lighten the load a bit.
:hehe:

Ugh! Where did you get that camouflage scheme from? No RAF plane ever carried anything like that. Sunderlands carried sea camouflage, grey upper and white the rest. The nearest to your scheme was the brown/green scheme for land based aircraft operating over land such as Lancasters. Also there was a fixed pattern for the application of the camouflage. Unfortunately since I gave up modelling 1/72 aircraft many years ago I no longer have the magazines that gave details of these schemes.

Ugh! Where did you get that camouflage scheme from? No RAF plane ever carried anything like that. Sunderlands carried sea camouflage, grey upper and white the rest. The nearest to your scheme was the brown/green scheme for land based aircraft operating over land such as Lancasters. Also there was a fixed pattern for the application of the camouflage. Unfortunately since I gave up modelling 1/72 aircraft many years ago I no longer have the magazines that gave details of these schemes.
Still experementing with textures and some rebuilding but it is INGAME!

Now thats more like it

Correct paint now?
Now on to the lancaster ...............
sunderlandsrl5.jpg

after a few more details​

Back