Not all drivers appearing in driving mode in TS10. Reason?

belgian46

Hello everybody,

Although multiple drivers have been set up in the driver setup area, not all of them are appearing when driving the session. When clicking on the arrow down the drivers are not all present.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there a reason for it?

Is there a solution for this issue.

Best regards

Kurt :wave:

Hello everybody,

Now I'm getting the following script exception errors

DriverSetupRule : Thread Exception: ER_Exception, line 466, file driversetuprule.gs (1)

DriverSetupRule : World.AddDriverCharacter> not 'drivercharacter' asset (file world.gs) (1)

Anyone any idea about this problem?

Best regards

Kurt:wave:

Hi Kurt,

Did you add any content, do you remember, prior to this occurring. Outside of that, I'd run a QDR and see what happens as that may fix your problem. Remember there may, or as I should say usually is, a list of so-called errors after a database repair. All you do is view the errors and warnings in Content Manager, and the errors will go away.

John

Hello John,

Thank you for your reply.
I have done multiple QDR and EDR - and sometimes the script exceptions are going from 1 up to 6. I have no faulty errors in CMP - but I have 14466 assets with warnings.

The strange thing is - in TS12 this perticular error doesn't occur.

Best regards

Hmm... It sounds like something was upgraded so it's 'fixed' for TS12 so now it's broken in TS2010. Note the quotes....

John

Could be a missing driver, which is installed in your TS12, but not in TS2010. Some versions/builds of Trainz didn't list all dependencies in the kuid-table when saving a map/session. The missing driver could often be detected, by showing only a black square in the driver setup, instead of a picture.

Peter

Hello John, Peter

Thank you for your extra info.

Here are the script exception errors in TS10 - 3 of the 6 ( I will show the 3 script exception errors of which I haven't got a clue how to fix it. )

I have an unknown one : Unknown : Thread Exception: ER_NullReference, line 41, file ConsistHelperInfo.gs (2)

driver%20setup%20error3.jpg

DriverSetupRule : Thread Exception: ER_Exception, line 466, file driversetuprule.gs (1)

driver%20setup%20error1.jpg

and

DriverSetupRule : World.AddDriverCharacter> not 'drivercharacter' asset (file world.gs) (1)

driver%20setup%20error2.jpg

Is this useful?

The route and assets are exactly the same in TS10 and TS12.

Best regards

Last edited:
The 2nd and 3rd errors are exactly what you are getting if there is a missing driver. Only drivers placed in the setup before the missing one are shown in driver. Check the driver setup in surveyor for the missing one, and replace it with another, or transfer the missing driver fron TS12 to TS2010 (the name should be still visible in the setup).

Peter

Hello Peter,

Thanks again for the extra info.

It was a missing drivers problem. I still don't know why the drivers were in TS12 and not in TS10.

Best regards

Back