No Sound Trainz 2019 - Sound is present in Trainz 2022 [solved]

mglotspeich

Hi all,

I have Trainz 2019 and 2022 both installed on my computer. Trainz 2022 has sound, but I am unable to get sound in Trainz 2019.

Has anyone else had the same experience? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

Just to clear up one possibility - are you referring to the sound (music) that is played with the opening menus? That is turned on/off with one of the settings options.

Just to clear up one possibility - are you referring to the sound (music) that is played with the opening menus? That is turned on/off with one of the settings options.

Thanks for the reply. There is no sound at all. Trainz 2022 has sound and Trainz 2019 has no sound whatsoever.

Thanks again!

From my somewhat limited understanding of sounds in Trainz (or sounds on the PC in general), I believe that TRS22 may use an updated sound system (i.e. audio drivers) compared to TRS19. Could it be a sound driver issue?

It may well be the different sound systems between the two versions. I have TRS19 and I have an LG Full HD sound driver that came with an LG Monitor. Unfortunately, it often comes "unchecked" in the sound control panel, and then I have no sound until I go into the sound control panel and re-check it. I have been unable to figure out why this happens, but I do know that if it is "unchecked" when I start TRS19, I will have no sound at all, even if I do go in and re-check it in the sound control panel. The sound HAS to be working when I start Trainz because it will never check or connect to it once it is running. Other apps will, but not TrainzTRS19. I don't know if you have any kind of issue like this, but just be aware that if for any reason your sound was not connected or was disabled when you started Trainz, you will have to close it all the way out and bring it up again while the sound is active. I do not have 22 yet, so cannot say if that works differently.

If you are using Bluetooth speakers or headphones, they will go to sleep and disconnect. As Forester1 says, your sound hardware needs to be enabled prior to TRS2019 starting otherwise there's no sound. This is different than TRS2022 due to the different sound driver in-game. That was updated recently in the last service pack and makes use of the new x-audio system implemented in Windows. The x-audio system works better and can handle disconnecting from the hardware better than the original DirectSound system used in TRS2019.

The x-audio system works better and can handle disconnecting from the hardware better than the original DirectSound system used in TRS2019.

Does it? I get all my computer sound through my hearing aids via bluetooth... If i run downstairs for a pint, i won't have any sound from 22+ until I restart the game... anything else, (youtube, VLC, ane audio players etc) will pick it back up when i get back in range...

Last edited:
I think would be just a problem of setting in trainz (try maybe also with the ingame setting menu if the setting of the launcher doesn't do the work). I've Tane, TS19, TS22 and the alpha version all with the same setting and no issue in them all with sound.

Does it? I get all my computer sound through my hearing aids via bluetooth... If i run downstairs for a pint, i won't have any sound from 22+ until I restart the game... anything else, (youtube, VLC, ane audio players etc) will pick it back up when i get back in range...

I used some Bluetooth headphones and was able to switch without issues in TRS22 but never could in TRS19. I also have a SoundBlaster AE-9 soundcard that can switch sources from headphones to speakers. I setup speakers for playing through my Roland LX-17 and headphones for my other things such as YouTube, Trainz and other applications that don't need high fidelity sound. I've mistakenly left the settings on 'speakers' instead of headphones then went in and switched while in TRS22 and was able to enable the sounds without issues. This never worked with TRS19 and that required restarting the program to enable the audio.

I agree with Roberto. Check your TRS22 audio settings.

I agree with Roberto. Check your TRS22 audio settings.

There aint much there...

kXhFbl8.png

Thank you all for your information. Thanks for letting me know that Trainz 2019 and Trainz 2022 have a different sound setup. Turns out that if I disable my FX Sound Enhancer software I can hear Trainz 2019! :)

Thanks again!

Back