NMRA Show in Detroit

I'll try and make a visit. I'll be displaying with the Lego clubs, but are lack of help on our layou will probably result in me staying there.
My son Chris will also be joining us. He is a big Trainz fan, but he is really going to see the Lego clubs! If you need some extra help, any chance of allowing him to help out?

chris c

Hi to Chris, Lance and a whole lot more and I was at the show last year in Philadelphia Pa. and it was a nice day but this year Chris knows I will not but I will see anyone in Edison NJ but how ever goes have a good time Mario :)

Mario!, I'll try and post you some pictures of the table and crew.

I'll be in Edison in the fall.

chris

My son Chris will also be joining us. He is a big Trainz fan, but he is really going to see the Lego clubs! If you need some extra help, any chance of allowing him to help out?

chris c

We should be fine. Another guy is coming, so I'll be free.

I had a blast at the Philly show last year and I was hoping to be able to attend this year's show as it is only 4 hours(traffic permitting) down the road; but things are not working out so I am wishing Lance, Chris & Al all the best.
And please post some pics :wave:

Got to the show, lots of lego.
img_0188.jpg

img_0190.jpg

Thanks for Pics

Hope you had a great time and please pack Lance (go the 'pies) carefully for his return trip to Aus ('pies -That's his Aussie Rules Football team - Magpies)
Waz

@lance - ? Will we see you in Sydney this year -- Oct? get back to me when you can

Well I thught I'd say hi. i'm sitting in Cobo Hall in detroit chillin while lance and all get ready to go to dinner. :)

peter

I'm such an idiot. I spent the whole day looking after the trains on the GFLTC (the club im in) It was to late to visit by the time I could wander:'(

HI to Lance,Chris and everyone that made up the show and if I am right Sunday the last day and tell Lance to get up a few people and see if they can make up the R160 aspecially the motorman cab and you took great pictures . See you Chris in the fall Mario :D

I didn't realize before that pic 4 is a pic of my club layout. Since a siding adjacent to the mountain is empty, I'm probably chasing my steam engine around.
Darn if I'd known you were there I woulda said hey. Where something Auran next time :p

Darn if I'd known you were there I woulda said hey. Where something Auran next time :p

Did you see a kid with black hair, glasses, a tan colored shirt wearing jeans? He might have been chasing a black 4-4-0 around the layout in pic 4.

well I went, took pics, even went put to eat with everyone. I'll upload the pics in a little bit (just got back from another trip). Had a great time!

peter

All things considered, the show went well. I'm just now coming out of the fog and work backlog after the 12 1/2 hour drive :eek: more coffee....

Here are some shots from the table I didn't get to take very many pictures -

Detroit002.jpg

Josh and Al B on break.

Detroit003.jpg

Chris helping out a group of kids that became our mascots of sorts - they were there for the whole show and would come by whenever we were slow to play.
Detroit004.jpg

Linda, Mary and Lance and our crew of regulars

Detroit005.jpg

Our view of the hall. You could say it was a bit slow at times. ;)

See you all in Anaheim next year?

Back