New Video Series: What Makes This Layout Great?

etozorak

Train-a-Mania
[FONT=&quot]In this new video series, we use Trainz 19 to answer a big question: what makes this layout great?

The first layout we'll be looking at is the Reading Railroad-themed Merkiomen Branch.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

[/FONT]

Interesting approach. I very much like this route and am D/Ling even as we speak.
1) I am a small loco/short train enthusiast, and find the huge 50 track yards and 100 mile distances in many routes overwhelming, even though most are beautifully done. This route is simple for me to understand and operate.
2) D/Led and installed with none of the dreaded missing kuid nightmares.
3) Easy to modify, you could even convert it to narrow gauge with a little effort.
To me, that's what makes this layout great.
Best,
smyers

Well done review of this layout I will be looking forward too seeing more of this, Only comment I could make on the layout from the video is as it is so small I'd like to see really well made assets used and not the box with a picture stuck on the side approach for the buildings from 04 days other then that thanks for taking the time to do this I'd love too see more.
Mick.:)

Thanks everyone!

Well done review of this layout I will be looking forward too seeing more of this, Only comment I could make on the layout from the video is as it is so small I'd like to see really well made assets used and not the box with a picture stuck on the side approach for the buildings from 04 days other then that thanks for taking the time to do this I'd love too see more.
Mick.:)

I try to use higher-detail assets when available, but sometimes I can't find what I need to fit a space.

Almost feels like we're "at the railyard." :)

That's part of the goal.

Back