New Video Card

CanTrains

Trainzer since 2001
Hello Everyone

I just acquired a new NVidia GTX 1050 Ti video card to replace an outdated GT 640 and want reset the performance setting that comes up after installing TRS19 the first time.

A while back I thought I read about deleting a file and restarting TRS19 to create a new file but I have searched the forum and can't seem to find it.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Found it, if you need to change the performance levels go to your content folder, the look in the cache for a file called performance.conf and either delete or move it

Last edited:
Dave,

Congratulations on the new video card. You'll be a lot happier with that I'm sure.

If you are not interested in keeping your data folder, create a new one by creating an empty folder and pointing to it in the Trainz settings.

I highly recommend creating the data folder outside of the C:\Users\{login}\App Data\Local... etc. path, and if possible place it on another drive. I created initially an empty folder called TRS19_Data on my E: drive.

At the Launcher, opened Trainz settings.
Go to the Install tab.
Click on the ...
Browse to the new data folder. It's my E: drive (E:\TRS19_Data) on my setup.
Click on Okay (or is it Open - I can't remember).

There was a database repair, and a restart.

I then put in my user details, set up the options, and restarted when prompted.

Everything installed and I was off and running.

Thanks John,

I would have gotten back to you sooner however Mother Nature dumped a load of snow here and put 60,000+ customers out of power. First day off since the 27th.

I did as you suggested and it works graet, now the only thing I have to do is find a bunch of missing dependencies start with kuid:523 and 30501 which are extremely hard to find.

Thanks again for your help

Dave

Back