New to Trainz

kiphemyst

Hello Everyone,
Recently I got Trainz 12 on Steam. And I have noticed that there is only 1 multiplayer session by default, which is quite disappointing and the route it is on is not the one in the trailer :D (doesn't look like it at least).

Could anyone recommend some of the popular Multiplayer Routes/Sessions I could download? Or even some must have single player routes :)

Thanks

Have you checked if there is a gold star at the top-left of the Routes page? Clicking this will turn the favourites feature off, and should show more routes.

Shane

Have you checked if there is a gold star at the top-left of the Routes page? Clicking this will turn the favourites feature off, and should show more routes.
In the standard TS12 install, there is only 1 MP session installed "out of the box"; the one for Debrecen (Hongaria).
Every other MP session you either have to create yourself or download from the DLS.
Edit:
... or you have to join someone else's active self-made MP session (which you will only see if that is a MP session of a route you have installed).

Since I dont know everything thats out there, my advice is you check out the other "out of the box" routes, then go to the DLS, setup a filter with these settings:
- Category = session
- Name = [that route you like]
- Name = Multiplayer
You will then get a list of the multiplayer sessions for the route you want. Download it, go check it out, and then probably join #trainz and see if people wanne join you.
Or you can go totally wild and download a new route and a MP session made for it, start that and ask your friends to do the same.

the one in the trailer
If you find out that name, let me know.

Last edited:
Back