New sites and Forums

Hi all,
I am a long time Trainzer, pre-dating 2004 by a few years, and as much as I respect and admire the quality of all the new offshoot sites that are being created - lots of great colourful and genuine sites, are we all not investing in our own demise. I believe that there is always strength in numbers and that the thinner those numbers are spread, the weaker you become. I personally feel pulled in so many directions. They are all brilliant sites and I want to be a member of them all!!!!
However, it was Auran that pioneered the whole concept and I feel that this should be respected and perhaps we should all start joining together in appreciating the continued support being offered by them.
Despite all the negative comments, Auran is still giving the Trainz Community its support and the odd input from time to time which I appreciate.
We all still have the opportunity to join together and support the source of the product we all enjoy, bugs and all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know that we all have our own personal views on matters, but perhaps we should stick together. Stength in numbers!!!!!

This is my personal view and I am not looking for any confrontational comments.
I have made this post in the hope that we will all stick together and foster the long term survival of what is a first class and incredible software product.

Cheers and all the best to all,

Ian

while i agree that you should have your own opinion i have to disagree. Auran is doing a good job but the people opening new sites still visit the forums reqularly, and some of us (me and my group for example) open our sites as a way to share and display our content in a way a little less strict than these foums, and because these forums have no way for us to sare our content other than the DLS and screenshots.

while i agree that you should have your own opinion i have to disagree. Auran is doing a good job but the people opening new sites still visit the forums reqularly, and some of us (me and my group for example) open our sites as a way to share and display our content in a way a little less strict than these foums, and because these forums have no way for us to sare our content other than the DLS and screenshots.
Hi there,
And full marks to you all. Please don't take this thread as an attack on individual expertise which I fully appreciate and feel deserves lots of credit. As an old stager, I have probably seen it all, been lamblasted and also put in my place a few times. I have also survived the crashes too.
Point is, despite the drive and direction that members have, they should always refelect on where it all came from and perhaps make the point of touching base from time to time and striving to make the effort to huddle together and remember where it all eminated from..........

Thanks for the constructive comments. I look forward to many more.

All the Best,

Ian

Other than that, having our own website might help to promote Trainz to a wider crowd as well. Like me, my website section on Trainz is to help to promote the use of TRS2006's iportal system (well supposingly :p ). If we did not have our own websites and fansites, Trainz would not be so big and the stuff we got now would not have existed. In short, our own websites and fansites has kept Trainz and Auran going. :)

Other than that, having our own website might help to promote Trainz to a wider crowd as well. Like me, my website section on Trainz is to help to promote the use of TRS2006's iportal system (well supposingly :p ). If we did not have our own websites and fansites, Trainz would not be so big and the stuff we got now would not have existed. In short, our own websites and fansites has kept Trainz and Auran going. :)
Hi insulfrog,
No arguement there!!!!!!!!
Fair comment which I take totally and completely on board. I stress that I am only making a statement to stimulate some discussion on the matter. I believe that the off-shoot sites are fantastic and I want to be a member of them all.
My point is perhaps that we shouldn't stretch ourselves too thin or the current membership will be spread too thin to be able to pull together - just my opinion, I guess.......

Ian

Back