NEW GUY HERE

ZD-Coal-Train

Im just getting into this trainz game, I have downloaded several new locos from the download station and when I start the game it says those locos i tried to extract are missing certain files. How exactly do you add new content from the download station??

I'd suggest asking the question in TC forum or TRS2006 forum depending which version you have since the answer varies from version to version.

Cheerio John

Welcome aboard, ZD-Coal-Train! :wave:

What version of Trainz are you running? I know for a fact that in 06 and higher, the assets you download off the DLS (DownLoad Station) are automatically put into the game if you download them through CMP (Content Manager Plus). If you go through the online DLS, you may have to commit them, depending on if you used the FTP or not (if it didn't appear in the download window, then you used the FTP and need to commit them--there's a search filter for "open for editing").

As far as missing dependencies, what locos are they? Perhaps they use non-DLS assets that you need to get from third-party sites. Post the Loco names (or, alternatively, the KUID of each), and we'll see if we can't help you track them down. :wave:

"Version 1 Service Pack 3 (International English (Build 277) )
While loading game data
Train asset downloadskuid 86105 6276 is missing a required Engine asset (<KUID:58377:51022>)
Train asset downloadskuid 86105 6274 is missing a required Engine asset (<KUID:58377:51012>)
Train reskin asset downloadskuid 7592 15532409 is missing its original asset (<KUID:-10:192>)
Train asset downloadskuid 55290 638 is missing a required Engine asset (<KUID:58377:51022>)
Train asset downloadskuid 55290 637 is missing a required Horn Sound asset (<NULL KUID>)
Train asset downloadskuid 55290 637 is missing a required Engine asset (<KUID:58377:51018>)
Train asset downloadskuid 55290 635 is missing a required Horn Sound asset (<NULL KUID>)
Train asset downloadskuid 55290 635 is missing a required Engine asset (<KUID:58377:51018>)"

I beleive this may help you figure out my problem. I started the game, and on the main menue I clicked "content update" and it took me to a to a page that read this:

"This web page is created each time Trainz attempts to load content that is either not installed on your PC or is not compatible with your version of Trainz.

Content not installed:

Click on the link to take you directly to the Trainz Download Station where you can find the missing content or other content to download. (Items will only be found if the content creator has uploaded them to the Trainz website).

Content Not Compatible:

Click on the link to take you directly to that item on your hard drive. You can then update the appropriate files or delete the content as desired..
."

:eek:

I didn't know anyone out there still ran SP3!

In that case, There's not going to be a lot of content that's compatible, but there is a support forum specifically for Trainz a little further down the main page. EDIT: It's called "Original Trainz".

bassically you will have to search the DLS by hand for the KUIDs listed there (I put it in bold in my example):

Train asset downloadskuid 86105 6276 is missing a required Engine asset (<KUID:58377:51022>)

then download them and install them. I'm not sure if The Download Helper was ever developed for SP3; muddling around in the TRS2004 website would answer that question.

peter

Welcome

Hello ZD-Coal-Train,
Nice to see a new Trainzer coming onto the forum and even using Original Trainz! I started with that too many moons ago, shifted to UTC then onto TRS2004. I stuck with 04 because it does everything I want and as I created routes it means they are available to a wider 'audience'.

I never use the Download Helper, it doesn't seem to work for me anyway, just goes and sits in a corner to sulk. So I download everything using the ftp link.

When you get the main asset showing in the DS station (the loco in this case) and click on Download with any luck the next menu will be the download choice, that is Helper or ftp, but below that should be listed all the dependancies required to get your main asset to show in Trainz.

If not then do as you have, post here or on the dedicated Original Trainz page and some helpful soul will come up with the supporting asset you need. Once you have the kuid you can type that into the search option on the DS and up it should pop.

Enjoy you Trainz, try not to get frustrated, we can all easily do that at times but it doesn't help it run and only makes you bad tempered. People on here are ready and willing to come to your aid should you need it.

God Bless a new Trainzer,

Angela

Back