NEW GAME

driver32600

I have just been looking at screen shots for EA games railsimulator(a new game i think) and i must say wow,any one agree,might be worth a look at.

I have just been looking at screen shots for EA games railsimulator(a new game i think) and i must say wow,any one agree,might be worth a look at.
If you don't want to couple to the front of certain locos, if you don't mind not being able to delete routes that you create yourself then wow indeed, the screenshots look nice. Personally I'd say wow, how could they release it in that state.

To be fair the bug list is being updated and some fixes are already on the way.

Paul

Hmmm I liked how the texturing tools blended and spline track that adds frogs to switches...... interesting.....

new game

My wow was for the pictures on the screen shots,maybe i am a bit naive but i thought the graphics were really good.

If you don't want to couple to the front of certain locos, if you don't mind not being able to delete routes that you create yourself then wow indeed, the screenshots look nice. Personally I'd say wow, how could they release it in that state.

Paul

Bugs....no, those are features...like Trainz has...and MSTS. how can any of them release software in that state?

There are sufficient undocumented system features that anyone who is interested in railways / railroads would find them intrusive. However financially it will be a success coming just before Christmas with the EA brand on it, and let's face it how many copies will actually get loaded when most people will need a new machine to run it.

Cheerio John

Well Paul, they released this one in this state.
Can you imagine, a different cab for every train instead of the same one for every train, switches that do something, wipers and fans that work Gauges that work Using industry standard rendering programs instead of ones that kinda work. I got an idea, lets fix some of the problems with the old simulator and release it as a new program with a couple of new routes that way we can charge for fixes instead of giving them away. Then we can start a forum and have people that have found solutions to our problems and that way we won't have to have a support team to fix things. you think that will work? naw, the public wouldn't fall for that... or would they?

Last edited:
Well Paul, they released this one in this state.
Can you imagine, a different cab for every train instead of the same one for every train, switches that do something, wipers and fans that work Gauges that work Using industry standard rendering programs instead of ones that kinda work. I got an idea, lets fix some of the problems with the old simulator and release it as a new program with a couple of new routes that way we can charge for fixes instead of giving them away. Then we can start a forum and have people that have found solutions to our problems and that way we won't have to have a support team to fix things. you think that will work? naw, the public wouldn't fall for that... or would they?
Third party creators are far more suited to creating new assets than Auran, for one thing they have little idea of how things were done in the UK in the 1950s, what the locos looked like etc (look at the Flying Scotsman in TRS2004 for example, that was my model that they skinned).

Custom cabs can be made by anybody with a lot of patience, and if you expect to buy a new simulator with 50 locos all with perfect working cabs I think you'll be waiting until hell freezes over.

Selling new versions of the simulator with improvements makes perfect sense to me, as does relying on a user Forum to support it. If you have a better idea that won't cost a truckload of cash I'm sure Auran would love to hear it. The very fact that TRS continues to be developed over such a long period would, I would suggest, show that Auran are not so daft after all.

Paul

Graphics don't make a game. ;)

Good programming, thought, creativity and talent make a good game. ;)

Also, EA will probably release 18 expansion packs for it that you don't really need. :hehe:

Just my 2¢.

Graphics don't make a game. ;)

Good programming, thought, creativity and talent make a good game. ;)

Also, EA will probably release 18 expansion packs for it that you don't really need. :hehe:

Just my 2¢.

Atleast they'll be expansion packs and now full different games... I mean don't you get tired of having to buy a Whole new game. TRS2004 was good but TRS2006 would have been better off as an expansion pack for 04 along with Classic with as the way it sounds from things is just a new game each time and not an expansion pack with adds on to what is already there.

I for one will probably end up getting KRS since I like the graphics and the euro loco's. Hopefully in the future they will also have more US but untill then I can survive on the Beauty of UK.

Just my 2 cents... meaning by the quote and my response that we now have 4 cents.

Paul

It's called EA. This is what they do - mass produce crappy games.

And Lo_Poly, they're only doing that with the Sims because it's a cash cow that they're milking dry. So much so that they let a third party develop the new SimCity, which promptly There won't be any expansions. They'll probably make Rail Simulator 2 into a stupid thing as well.

Last edited:
Back