New CPU fan!!!

conrail6373

Content Creator
I just ordered a new CPU fan. My stock fan runs at 55 degrees when playing trainz, and the new will run at 17 degrees. Just wondering, will that improve performance?

No consumer fan will cool a CPU to 17 degrees.

As for the performance, no - unless the better cooling enables you to overclock. But - it can improve the stability of your machine, so if you've been experiencing crashes then you could see an improvement.

55 degrees is Ok for the current generation of processors under load.

I just ordered a new CPU fan. My stock fan runs at 55 degrees when playing trainz, and the new will run at 17 degrees. Just wondering, will that improve performance?

I take it since you are USA that 55 degrees is in Fahrenheit (F), Did you check to make sure the specs on this 'new' fan are not stating degrees in Centigrade (C) as 17C is 59 Degress F.

If you expect it to cool your CPU down to 15 degrees below freezing I thinl you will be disappointed...
:eek:

I take it since you are USA that 55 degrees is in Fahrenheit (F), Did you check to make sure the specs on this 'new' fan are not stating degrees in Centigrade (C) as 17C is 59 Degress F.
If you expect it to cool your CPU down to 15 degrees below freezing I thinl you will be disappointed...
:eek:

Conrail6373,
And I would certainly want to know where to purchase one , set my Folgers on the top of my PC , no more trips to the fridge . :udrool: !

--- ,DLR

Summertime

Pretty soon you can crank the AC unit on high, and cool your whole PC and room down to 66 Degrees F...lol and freeze your tail off

Back