New Aircraft

China Airlines B-747

Hello,

Soon available this Boeing 747-400 from China Airlines (Taiwan)

This one is visiting Wellington.

747chal1.jpg

747chal2.jpg

I hope you will like it
Pascal

FROM MY DESERT LAYOUT

River City National airport

ish6_20110602_0004.jpg

Across from Desert City - Desert Tropolis International Airport

ish6_20110602_0003.jpg

Near TAC CITY - Neve International Airport

ish6_20110602_0001.jpg

More to come as I get close in finishing this layout -- there's more national and regional airport settings, etc ... more detail pictures in the future!

Anyhow, enjoy

Ish

Looking forward to your reskin Papou!

Your airport looks great Ish. Maybe, you might want to lower the roof on the terminal in the background? If it rains and it's windy, your passengers would get quite wet! :hehe:

I wonder how big your route will be? Looks like you can fly to at least two airports in it! :D

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Hello,

Soon available this Boeing 747-400 from China Airlines (Taiwan)

This one is visiting Wellington.

747chal1.jpg

747chal2.jpg

I hope you will like it
Pascal

Hi Papou,

I see you are using my map, I hope you enjoy it, still working on a new version with some custom content being made for it. Watch this space.

Gordon

Looking forward to your reskin Papou!

Your airport looks great Ish. Maybe, you might want to lower the roof on the terminal in the background? If it rains and it's windy, your passengers would get quite wet! :hehe:

I wonder how big your route will be? Looks like you can fly to at least two airports in it! :D

Gisa ^^

Hello Gisa,

Thanks for the kind words -- I'll take that suggestion, LOL LOL :hehe:

How about 5 airports, not inclduing some regional airports that are in the northern section of the layout -- big jumper jet can't fly into those desert sandy mountains! :hehe: The idea is to have the autorule, and let those babies fly on their own, so you're right, they can fly to each other - more photos and perhaps a frap video down the road!

(off-topic - the layout is huge, one of Paul's dem maps I downloaded 4 yeas ago - finally getting to the end)

Ish

Last edited:
Awesome Ish. 5 airports sounds like fun (but a lot of work!). Definitely looking forward to the video!

Gisa ^^

Hello,

The China Airlines B 747 is available on the DLS today.

Yes Gordon, I'm using your map. I like the way it is done, and it's running smoothly on my computer. I'm looking forward for your modifications; take your time.

The next airplane brings us back to the 80's: It's a chinese 747, when CAAC was the only airline of Mainland China.
Seen here during take off, and over NZ islands. (I really dont know if this plane was present at Wellington at that time...)

caac1.jpg

caac2.jpg

Pascal

Hi Papou,

Info from WIKI

The shortness of the runway has limited the size of aircraft that can use the airport, and possible overseas destinations are limited to a small number of destinations in Australasia and the Pacific. This has led to a de facto duopoly by Air New Zealand and Qantas on international flights out of Wellington.
At 1,936 metres (6,352 ft), Wellington's runway is shorter than some New Zealand domestic airport runways, including Palmerston North and Invercargill. In fact, the smaller jet engined Boeing 737 and Airbus A320 aircraft currently using Wellington cannot take-off from the airport when fully loaded, as their take-off run at maximum take-off weight (MTOW) is longer than Wellington's runway (2,300–2,550 m/7,500–8,370 ft for the 737 and 2,100 m/6,900 ft for the A320). More powerful larger mid-sized airliners such as the Boeing 757, Boeing 767 and Airbus A330-200 can take off with ease but regular passenger numbers simply do not warrant their use, although both Air New Zealand and Qantas will fly their Boeing 767-300s in for one-off events such as international sports fixtures, and the Royal New Zealand Air Force may fly in their Boeing 757 transport aircraft for transport of the Governor-General or Prime Minister.
Planes larger than the 767 and A330 have landed at Wellington, but not in regular revenue service.
  • A Gulf Air Airbus A340-300 carrying the Bahrain national football team landed at Wellington Airport in November 2009 for the World Cup qualifier against New Zealand at Westpac Stadium.[23] However, the short runway meant on the outbound leg the plane had to stop at Sydney for refuelling.
  • On 9 February 2011, Air New Zealand landed its brand new Boeing 777-300ER, registered ZK-OKM, at Wellington for a open day of the aircraft's new long-haul cabin. Special training was required by the crew to be able to land the largest twinjet in the world at Wellington.[24]
  • Following the 22 February 2011 Christchurch earthquake, Air New Zealand utilised some of its Boeing 777-200ER fleet in evacuating people wanting to leave Christchurch and ferrying essential supplies into the city.[25] As the flights were only 300 km (190 mi) in distance, requiring little fuel, the aircraft could operate at full payload in and out of Wellington.
A full-length runway extension, to accommodate long-haul aircraft such as the Boeing 747, has been investigated,[16][26][27][28][29] but would require highly expensive land reclamation into Lyall Bay, and massive breakwater protection from Cook Strait. Doubts exist over the viability of such an undertaking, particularly as Air New Zealand has shown no interest in providing international service beyond Australia and the Pacific Islands, and no international airlines have shown serious interest in providing services beyond those points

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

You need now to remove all A380, 747 and big airplanes from your map!!!

Or make some virtual land reclamation, and proceed as if...

Pascal

Actually papou, an A380 at MTOW needs 2750m, so one 1/2 full could possibly take off at Wellington.

Jamie

Hello fellow planez flyers.
I have found a website which has cockpit alarm sounds, which could be used as sounds for the planez, by pressing the B key etc.
Im not sure how one would go about turning it into an asset, but you guys proubly know more than me about that.
http://www.planecrashinfo.com/sounds.htm

That'd have to be one big a** catapult!

Also, would somebody be able to email me the modules for the intl. airport? Send me a PM if you can, then I'll PM you my email.

Last edited:
Australian models

A little shake on the thread ..
Australian 3d plane models all around 9k polys
arraial .......................................................................... John Travolta's Qantas 707B
fa91833472899cc026ff5c50d51c1eeb.jpg

fb19add0f839b016b8447b37df0ae255.jpg

ecec0d87acbcedb6f8a2ba7349b59b04.jpg

9fcd25abf3abff059d33a946770f519f.jpg

f6421c40e10c6b30ec30b5f9f4659bb6.jpg

opsss this is from Austria
148471e79c7c0b16d916fd19d597e5e3.jpg

Last edited:
h

Hi jmainig this is only renders images from 3d max 2008. Only models in max yet.
IF any one want to launch one of this models and put it in trainz i can supply the model in max 2008 all textured.
I Have many more from other country's.
arraial

Last edited:
Back