needed a nitro rc engine

skol587

hey all I'm back
hola i was wondering if anyone has a nitro engine(that runs) from an air craft or car that i can have because i'm converting a usa trains jp 38 from electric to nitro electric and i have all the electronics that i need but i don't have the motor or the fuel tank,lines,carb,pipe,and muffler.

so if you have it and don't want it pm me or post i don't care :)(im trying to kiss you butt with the smily)

hola i was wondering if anyone has a nitro engine(that runs) from an air craft or car that i can have because i'm converting a usa trains jp 38 from electric to nitro electric and i have all the electronics that i need but i don't have the motor or the fuel tank,lines,carb,pipe,and muffler.

so if you have it and don't want it pm me or post i don't care :)(im trying to kiss you butt with the smily)

I used to have RC airplanes in my younger days, just how fast do you want this thing to go?:hehe::hehe:

Lorin

ha ha ur funny. you hook the motor to a generator that powers the motors in the trucks.
here this is a link to a company that makes an all brass gp-9 that gave me the idea to build mine
http://www.buggler.net/livediesel/wada/index.html

lol, I used to have a cessna 5ft wing span, put a big engine in it and it flew like a fighter jet!:hehe:
Edit:I do remember the hobby shops having some rebuilt engines sometimes for about half the cost....
Lorin

Last edited:
ya i went to mine and they have the parts to rebuild them but no rebuilt ones so i asked them to see how much it would coast for a new one with a starter and they wanted 200 or 300$ i don't remember

a guy in Australia built one out of an rdc and custum built a silencer and put it inline with the stock one and i herd it in a you tube vid it sounded good but the video has been removed.

and if it is oh wel im just going to use it to fetch dead steamers and bring them back to were they can be seviced

the part i find kool is that everyone that has built one has reported that the locomotive tractive effort has doubled or even tripled

well right now i have no place to run because it hasn't been built yet but i used to run my stuff on the bay area garden railway society's modular setup. back when i live in Pittsburg CA.

Back