Need help downloading

GRACKLER

Hi. I'm new to Trainz, and after installing and playing around I decided to go looking for some new routes to have a go on.
I signed on to the Download Station, and easily obtained a Sheffield station model and some trains. The next day I decided to try and download a route layout, but to my dismay, I couldn't. The Download Helper just sat at Idle. I decided to try a different browser (I used Chrome at first, changed to Firefox), but instead I got to downloading assets list when it stopped, and said Error: unable to connect to download station, and listed something about 0kb avalible, 0kbs found. I tryed clearing cache, logging out, re-installing the helper, it's all the same. Downloading with out the Helper seems a bit long winded, is there anything I can do?

Are you using 2009? If you search the forum here, I'm certain you will find many threads with suggestions for getting it to work. If you want specific answers in this thread, please post your system spec, your Trainz build number and the results of a DxDiag.:)

Ah, apologies. I'm on Trainz 2004 (the uk Railway Simulator Sold Out re-release). It is patched up to v2.4, build numder 2370. My computer is a Fujitsu Simemens Laptop (weak, hence the older Trainz verison!), 512Mb RAM, 1.8Ghz, a graphics chip of fail, but Trainz 04 seems to run ok. DxDiag? I'm not sure what that is I'm afraid.

Scratch that, it started working when I turned off my Firewall, although it took a while. Cheers for the increibly quick response though, greatly appreiciated!

Ah, your welcome. I would think you could enable permissions for your firewall to allow connection, instead of turning it off though.;)

Back