need double track for 30in or 760 gauges

Its been almost a day and no-one has posted a response. Possibly no-one has an answer or no such track exists (or both).

Unfortunately, I have no answer for your question either but I do have some advice. Most creators do not use multiple (double, triple, etc) track splines because they do suffer from some "issues". One of which is that they cannot be straightened with the track straightening tool. I and many others use single track splines laid parallel to each other. If you want perfect spacing between the tracks, such as in a yard, then there are many track spacing tools available that can do the job.

My views and good luck with your 30in or 760mm gauge project.

Spacing on curves is not a problem with parallel single tracks. Make sure that the spline points from each track are laid exactly alongside each other and that the spline circles either overlap by a desired amount (e.g. touch the adjoining track edge for a close spacing) or touch each other at a single point of contact, the circle tangent (for a wider spacing), and maintain this throughout the length of the double track segment. This works for curves as well as straight segments.

Last edited:
You are probably aware of all this but as pware said getting the spline points exactly next to each other is critical.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

TANESP3 70lb ng30 tracks by pencil42

Using straight segments (the darker colored tracks) helps form the curves and allows for some fine tuning.

I'm sure there are some tutorials somewhere. :D

BTW using spline point alignment for fences, catenary, and bushes along side the tracks works well too. ;)

Last edited:
Same here, using the spline points is what I do and align the edge of the circles with a rail or end of sleeper or even centre of track depending on what gauge and the spacing you require and as Norm says works for fences and other splines.

Thanks Guys I never though of doing it that way. It's simple and effective and gets rid of the need for double tracks.
You made my day
Dave

BTW: The picture was better than a thousnad word as I learn best by pictures.

Back